Long EZ 24" Wing Span

Long EZ 24" Wing Span 2022-06-26

Please log in to download

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Mr NCT submitted a new resource:

Long EZ 24" Wing Span - Easy build, fast & nimble flier, lots of fun

This is based on the FT Long EZ scaled up 125%. It has KF airfoils on the wing and canard along with an elevator on the canard. It's an easy build but a fast and nimble flier - I wouldn't suggest if for your first or second plane. You'll find that just like a real canard aircraft this has a very gentle to nonexistent stall.

You need:
2 sheets of FB
"F" power pack or equivalent
3S 850 battery
3 5gram servos & arms
1 FT mini control horn
2 FT swappable size control horns
And not necessary but...

Read more about this resource...

flyranger

I used the Canard CG Calculator and got 6 5/8 in from canard LE. After 2 glides into the weeds got up. Had to use sub trim on elevator (which is canard) and flew with canard effect. Plane will not stall. Will set cg another 1/2 in back which lines up with point of wing. Thank you for this. Nice engineering.

Attachments

• 20230831_101003.jpg
    20230831_101003.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I used the Canard CG Calculator and got 6 5/8 in from canard LE. After 2 glides into the weeds got up. Had to use sub trim on elevator (which is canard) and flew with canard effect. Plane will not stall. Will set cg another 1/2 in back which lines up with point of wing. Thank you for this. Nice engineering.
Glad you're having fun with it. It really does not want to stall, does it?

cgarunz

Hello all, can anyone guide me on how to set up the chanels or servos on this canard ? I have 6 chanels only....

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Hello all, can anyone guide me on how to set up the chanels or servos on this canard ? I have 6 chanels only....
The canard hooks to the elevator channel. Set it up so that when you pull back to go up the "elevator" on the canard goes down - it's creating lift and raises the nose. The ailerons are connected with a Y connector and plug into the aileron channel and move in the normal way - pushing stick left raises the left aileron and lowers the right one.
Have Fun!!

cgarunz

The canard hooks to the elevator channel. Set it up so that when you pull back to go up the "elevator" on the canard goes down - it's creating lift and raises the nose. The ailerons are connected with a Y connector and plug into the aileron channel and move in the normal way - pushing stick left raises the left aileron and lowers the right one.
Have Fun!!
Thank you very much! I was confused because I was thinking on elevons, and trying to add the elevator... silly me, also, now I see that the canard control are is just 1 servo, thank you!

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I'm working on an update to try to calm it down a little. So far I've thickened the KFm-2 wing, smaller ailerons, thinning the canard and playing with the CG. So far, so good, hasn't made a huge improvement but getting there.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Trying to learn new skills in Fusion 360 animation. Here's how to assemble the wing without burning your fingers.