Looking for 3d printer motherboards

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I am in need of a motherboard for my heavily modified neptune 2s, my budget for the motherboard and drivers is 50 dollars. My current contender is the MKS eagle. any ideas? (I do not particulary want to get a Big Tree TEch board as I ahve had terrible experiences with them)

Dudley1001

depends on what you want to do, run Marlin or Klipper? I have used a few different ones now on my Creality Cr10S. The last one I used was a Pandazhu which was esp32 based. It worked well but not supported by Klipper. I found a couple of Creality 4.2.7 boards (STM32 with on-board TMC2225 drivers) and Just put one in with Klipper and so far are great. BTW I picked them up at an Amazon returns store for $3CDN each. If you are running Marlin, what about the MKS tinybee, cheap as hell but the esp32 is not Klipper supported. I have run 2 of thetinybee boards on diy cnc machines running Fluidnc and they worked great but haven't tried them on a printer.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
depends on what you want to do, run Marlin or Klipper? I have used a few different ones now on my Creality Cr10S. The last one I used was a Pandazhu which was esp32 based. It worked well but not supported by Klipper. I found a couple of Creality 4.2.7 boards (STM32 with on-board TMC2225 drivers) and Just put one in with Klipper and so far are great. BTW I picked them up at an Amazon returns store for $3CDN each. If you are running Marlin, what about the MKS tinybee, cheap as hell but the esp32 is not Klipper supported. I have run 2 of thetinybee boards on diy cnc machines running Fluidnc and they worked great but haven't tried them on a printer.
I ended up running klipper, and in the end, turns out the native board was up and running with extruder 0 prot not workign so I used extruder 1. I am still on hte hunt for a really good upgradef but not as important now.