Looking for a New Radio

jack10525

I've been flying with a Flysky FS-i6 for the last year and a half. I also have a older (2006ish) DX6i that I used but now will not power on. I like the simplicity of the flysky. I have about 4 recievers for it in 4 planes and can just switch which one I fly. The only problem is I dropped the tx and broke off the toggle switch for the flaps. I have 2 planes that have flaps but have never used them. I am debating buying another one of these transmitters or step up to a better brand. I realize now I wasted money buying the DX6i since I never really used it to it's potential. I'm not there yet. Just a park flyer.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If you can solder those switches are fairly easy to replace. No need for a new radio unless you REALLY want a reason to buy one hehe.

Also if you can not but you are coming to Flite Fest bring it with you and I can knock it out for you in a few minutes.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I agree with Psy, fix the current one unless you really need to move up/on to a different system.

That being said, I’m a FrSky fan boi. You really can’t go wrong with a QX7S or new X-Lite (small game controller style transmitter) assuming your Spektrum is really dead.

jack10525

I really don't need another radio. But I do want one even though this radio really has worked great for me. I just want all the switches working. For the price I was considering replacing it. I can solder ok so I guess I'll try replacing the switch first. I appreciate the suggestions on replacement radios when I am ready to upgrade. I'm not sure how to test the DX6i. I've tried brand new batteries but it doesn't turn on.No power at all. I could try cracking open the case and seeing if any thing is damage or wires are cut. I never really like the DX6i. It was hard to bind and the menus are confusing. I wish I could make flight fest but I live in south florida. A little too far for me.