Help! Make money with the hobby

hankflies03

🖐️ teen here. There are some 8 year olds in my neighborhood one of which is already very interested in planes but I was thinking of making some gliders or ez planes with them and getting their parents to chip in some💲🤑

hankflies03

I wouldn’t say that. How I got started was that if you go around to enough people, eventually you will find someone who needs their car washed and doesn’t have the time to take it to the proper car wash. Wash their car for a lower price than the car wash and do a really good job and odds are they will let you clean their car after that because it is much more convenient for them not having to drive anywhere and it’s cheaper. At this point make sure you are consistent and reliable. If you say you’re gonna show up, show up. If you continue this the word will get out and you will get a few more people. All you need is like 2-4 cars to wash and an hour or two. You’ll be making 40-50 bucks a week. That means in a little over two months you could get a carbon z! This is how I fund the hobby.

Just my 2 cents.
I think that's the way to go.👍

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I wouldn’t say that. How I got started was that if you go around to enough people, eventually you will find someone who needs their car washed and doesn’t have the time to take it to the proper car wash. Wash their car for a lower price than the car wash and do a really good job and odds are they will let you clean their car after that because it is much more convenient for them not having to drive anywhere and it’s cheaper. At this point make sure you are consistent and reliable. If you say you’re gonna show up, show up. If you continue this the word will get out and you will get a few more people. All you need is like 2-4 cars to wash and an hour or two. You’ll be making 40-50 bucks a week. That means in a little over two months you could get a carbon z! This is how I fund the hobby.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks. I was thinking of doing that with shoveling this winter but we got zero snow. I might do it with mowing the lawn,though I am still hoping to find a paid internship or something to use the cad and engineering skills I got over the years

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
🖐️ teen here. There are some 8 year olds in my neighborhood one of which is already very interested in planes but I was thinking of making some gliders or ez planes with them and getting their parents to chip in some💲🤑
That is a good idea, but I would say make detailed instructions or help them build it. I can share my well flying harrier design if you want for that

RyanMatthew

Totally get you – funds can be tight. If airplanes are your jam but folks around aren't into it, try offering workshops or building custom planes for others. It could help cash flow for those electronics. 🛩️

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Have you considered offering your skills for customizing or repairing RC planes in your local area? It could be a great way to earn some cash within your hobby.
good idea. Since making this I have gotten a proper job in the summer and it seems to be the best way to save up money while being a teen for the hobby. The only problem is that there arent that many scratchbuilding enthusiasts in my area or even tose that dont just throw away their plane after a crash, if they dont knwo how to repair. And customization I am not too good at anyways, but if anyone wants it, good idea

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hey I just got a job at a carwash I'm 17. I have been into the hobby for a couple of years. I have some extra electronics. Batteries receivers etc. Also let me know what you need and I could possible buy you some motors or servos. One thing that I did as well was use one motor for many different planes.

Crazed Scout Pilot

ok i need to know raise youre hand if you're a teen on the forum cause I just want to understand if me flyerinst and phinG are the only ones on here just want to understand cause I feel a bit awkward being a teen on an adult dominant rc group. but also that's the good part about the internet u don't know each others ages and u could become good friends , u could be 50 and I could be 14 years old but u wouldn't know and we d still be friends
back to topic raise your hand pls if you're a teen

View attachment 235384
I'm 17

JetCrafts

oh ya another option is day trading bots
I'm 14 and its legal for me to do it for crypto
ill keep you guys updated once I start and refine it

speedfix

Hey I just got a job at a carwash I'm 17. I have been into the hobby for a couple of years. I have some extra electronics. Batteries receivers etc. Also let me know what you need and I could possible buy you some motors or servos. One thing that I did as well was use one motor for many different planes.
did u say *free stuff*

Crazed Scout Pilot

Yea I have a couple of extra batteries and maybe an extra receiver. I just want to help those who are young and might not have the finical means to continue in the hobby.

MadalynnSchmitt

Absolutely, turning your hobby into a money-maker is a fantastic idea! Whether it's crafting, gaming, or something else you're passionate about, there are so many opportunities out there. And hey, have you ever explored apps you can win real money with? It's a fun way to blend leisure with a little extra cash!

Last edited:

RossFPV

Absolutely, turning your hobby into a money-maker is a fantastic idea! Whether it's crafting, gaming, or something else you're passionate about, there are so many opportunities out there.
Im buying the parts to build a 5in drone and both my brothers race motocross so im hoping to sell videos to riders there.

Tench745

Master member
Im buying the parts to build a 5in drone and both my brothers race motocross so im hoping to sell videos to riders there.
Just be aware, if you're making money from flying (or filming while flying) it's commercial not recreational flying and you should technically be Part 107 certified.

RossFPV

Just be aware, if you're making money from flying (or filming while flying) it's commercial not recreational flying and you should technically be Part 107 certified.
Yup, getting that this winter, it’s educational so my school will pay for it