Help! Make money with the hobby

Bricks

Master member
In your position and age I think your best bet is go thru the neighbor hood and talk to all your neighbor's and see if they don`t have odd jobs you can do. Especially if you have elderly people in the neighbor hood, maybe they need help on trash day or yard work or what ever. Many times people see some initiative will find things for you to do, do not see that much in young people any more. When you do find work then do it to the best of your ability and quickly, do this for a few neighbors and the word will spread and you may have more work then you can do, but it takes time and effort.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
In your position and age I think your best bet is go thru the neighbor hood and talk to all your neighbor's and see if they don`t have odd jobs you can do. Especially if you have elderly people in the neighbor hood, maybe they need help on trash day or yard work or what ever. Many times people see some initiative will find things for you to do, do not see that much in young people any more. When you do find work then do it to the best of your ability and quickly, do this for a few neighbors and the word will spread and you may have more work then you can do, but it takes time and effort.
Thanks for the tip, I will try
for now I am avoiding needing to buy new electronics by designing my own planes, which takes longer than building someone else's.

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
I think, especially how young some of us are, finding people is probably the best thing to try and do for the future. In this pandemic the need, I would say, for people is amplified even more so than under normal circumstances. If we can find the mentors and friends that can help carry us along the way forward then we can survive, in the hobby and in life.

RyanaHunter

It can be tough to find ways to fund your hobbies, especially if they are not popular in your community. Have you considered trying to sell some of your airplane models online? You could create a social media account or even an online store to showcase your work and reach a wider audience. Another idea could be to offer your services for custom airplane designs or repairs. Just remember to be safe and careful when selling online. Good luck! Oh, and if you're looking for other ways to make extra cash, you might want to check out the bingo cash review for some ideas.

Last edited:

JetCrafts

ok i need to know raise youre hand if you're a teen on the forum cause I just want to understand if me flyerinst and phinG are the only ones on here just want to understand cause I feel a bit awkward being a teen on an adult dominant rc group. but also that's the good part about the internet u don't know each others ages and u could become good friends , u could be 50 and I could be 14 years old but u wouldn't know and we d still be friends
back to topic raise your hand pls if you're a teen

1677166098515.png

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
ok i need to know raise youre hand if you're a teen on the forum cause I just want to understand if me flyerinst and phinG are the only ones on here just want to understand cause I feel a bit awkward being a teen on an adult dominant rc group. but also that's the good part about the internet u don't know each others ages and u could become good friends , u could be 50 and I could be 14 years old but u wouldn't know and we d still be friends

View attachment 235384
Mentally we all top out at 19

RossFPV

View attachment 235384
🖐 i cant even drive quite yet.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

View attachment 235384
...raising my hand, also, never really found a viable solution to this. I have gotten especially good at cad and making good 3d printable parts so was thinking of offering that up as a service

speedfix

nice. how did you afford your carbon z cessna? gift?
Oh you saw that! I saved up for a while 8 or so months and got it on sale for 100 dollars off on Amazon last week. I wash cars for people around the neighborhood.

I am really proud of the plane! 😁😁😁

You can check out the madien flight of it on my YT channel. Link to that is in my signature.

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Oh you saw that! I saved up for a while 8 or so months and got it on sale for 100 dollars off on Amazon last week. I wash cars for people around the neighborhood.

I am really proud of the plane! 😁😁😁

You can check out the madien flight of it on my YT channel. Link to that is in my signature.
Nice. Sadly there is a cheap car2ash near me so nobody needs cars washed. Still thinking about other ways

speedfix

Nice. Sadly there is a cheap car2ash near me so nobody needs cars washed. Still thinking about other ways
I wouldn’t say that. How I got started was that if you go around to enough people, eventually you will find someone who needs their car washed and doesn’t have the time to take it to the proper car wash. Wash their car for a lower price than the car wash and do a really good job and odds are they will let you clean their car after that because it is much more convenient for them not having to drive anywhere and it’s cheaper. At this point make sure you are consistent and reliable. If you say you’re gonna show up, show up. If you continue this the word will get out and you will get a few more people. All you need is like 2-4 cars to wash and an hour or two. You’ll be making 40-50 bucks a week. That means in a little over two months you could get a carbon z! This is how I fund the hobby.

Just my 2 cents.