Martin Mars water bomber

Colbs

i would love to see this built in the ft series or even the swappables image.jpg

Stingray Aviation

It would have to be a mini if it were a swappable due to the short nacelles, they could only fit the mini power pods. Not to mention how expensive it would be to set it up with four larger motors. It sure would be fun to dump bucket loads of water out of it though. Hey maybe this could be a new way to paint houses :cool:

jamboree1

I don't think the nacelle length would be a problem, but I'd like to see one of our great designers come up with about a 60" wingspan version

Zero9r

This is a awsome plan, the last one in the world still flying is parked in my backyard, here on Sproat Lake, port ALberni, BC. it has been the life saver of all of BC Canada, the US and Mexico, from forest fires for decades. Its final days are almost numbered. teh second one is being retrufited back to its original state and will end up in a US museum soon. THe last one just finally got re contracted for forest fires here in BC last week after a few years off. Its saving lives and property right now in Nelson BC, Canada.

TO honour this plan I would love to see one designed and built, waterproofed and seaworthy in DTF Swappable. Someone with more skill set then me would need to design this. A bunch of us where just talking about this the other day. you could run it on two motors and just make the other two dummies. I know alot of people would love to build foamies of these and it would be cool to see a fleet of them flying out at sproat lake around where the original has been anchors for ever.

Peter please make it happen. :p

Spastickitten

Looks good! I happen to have 4 large motors, and would love to make this. Maybe for my birthday I can get the rest of it. Do you think this will land in water?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Do you think this will land in water?

Any plane can "land" in water . . . once.

It all depends on the materials you use and how well you waterproof/seal up the fuselage and electronics. Doesn't take much, but it will take a little care.

Zero9r

looks like a good start. would think it would be easier to make it around 250 Quad motors, to save expense and make it easier to transport. something like a 1806 to 2212 Emax motor. Using 12-18a ESC and upto a 3S 2200 Lipo.

Hope you can pull off swappable plans for this.

Thanks

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
cool plane. I am pretty sure I saw one at Lake Shasta a few years ago during a bad summer for fires.

Zero9r

With Flite Test coming out with their Waterproof foamboard. Any designers out there want to try and tackle this project? It truly is a very unique and history important aircraft. would make a great build with 1806/2204 motors.