Micro Quad Build

jipp

yeah, APM a bit over kill for a micro :D speaking of robots.. my parents have started a little hobby store ( they are slowly getting stock etc, as they faze there old store content out.. my step dad is retried and wanted something to do )
and my dad just ordered him a self landing geofence plane.. its from horizon.. looks like horizon put a FC into a plane. heh.
not seen anything about it on the forums yet so no clue what its called.. and he could not remember, damn old age.. :D

we want pictures of your owl build.. it looks like a cool inside flyer even a upgrade above a nano qx :)

chris.

i look forward to seeing it.

quadsview

Ok, thanks for your suggestions. I think I'm going to go ahead and use a KISS fc simply because I have one on hand. Also I am going to go ahead and order a bunch of the RX 3040T V2 props as they look fairly high quality.

jipp

sounds like a plan. good luck on your build.. i think its gonna be a lot of fun to fly.. from the videos iv seen. its a great indoor basher and heavy enough to cruise out side.

chris.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Didn't get any work done on the Owl yesterday as I was out LOS flying on the local AMA field with various quads. Did a battery ejection maneuver at 50' with my APM F450 frame. To everyone's surprise, just one bent prop, and a lipo that should now be treated as dead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl8otjZq0uM

Lesson learned: Make sure you have some non-slip interface between battery, frame, and strap.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
FlexRC OWL LOS DIY kit build (and size comparisons

After a long patient wait for the Canada Post delivery (I picked cheapest shipping), The Owl Kit has arrived. I have put together a handful of pictures showing mock and build.

Started by test fitting all components and comparing it to an Inductrix and Hellbender 204:
PrebuildComparison.png

Next I did a quick fit check to see how short to cut the motor wires.
PdbEscMotors.png

Motors wires trimmed and soldered to ESCs, ESCs clear shrinked, and PDB all wired up.
PdbDONE.png

F3 controller installed, ESC signals soldered.
F3in.png

Running out of time to finish tonight. Need to finish wiring power to FC, radio, LED strip, Beeper, and other misc stuff.

More to come!

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I recently watched a video showing the FlexRC Owl. I love the prop guard designs.

https://flexrc.com/product/owl-quadcopter-diy-los-kit/

It runs 1306s

They also have a 2.5" and 1.88" prop variety.

French,
Gotta give you a big thanks for this post. Bought the 118 Kit, built it, and it is the ultimate stealth B@!! ripper! Had it out at the local AMA field tonight and was getting a couple, "that's cute" comments.... Then I punched it out! The jaws dropped followed by "HOLY $#!T!"

Cheers!
LitterBug