Help! Micro turbo timber owners a question please.

JasonCass

I have just ordered a pair of these planes for my son and I. Can I crowbar these batteries in? Thanks.
Screenshot_20200812-154715.png

jolfstn74

What are the dimensions of the battery? The battery bay is about 2"x3"2"ish, tapering into the cowl, there is a removable bit of foam flooring that'll give you more room

quorneng

Master member
You are virtually doubling the weight of the battery so its not just a question of 'will it fit?' but what effect the extra weight will have on the balance point (CofG). The increased weight is also likely to 'take the edge off' the Micro Timbers performance.

davidrinnan

I am running turbo timber with 540mah. Weight has not been an issue, quite the contrary. I was lucky to find out the my larger batteries did fit. But if the battery is thinner and instead wider one might have to tilt the battery somewhat. It should not be a problem. Make sure you have good velcro to put on the battery and possibly replace the little strip in the battery compartment.

jolfstn74

Sometimes I come across battery deals on archaic Chinese sites and must either alter the connection in the plane or the battery itself.all you have to remember is: NEVER CUT BOTH WIRES OFF THE BATTERY AT THE SAME TIME! It'll cause a short, could cause the battery to confligrate. Cut one wire at a time. Attach your new compatible connector, note positive and negative are on the correct side (there is no faster way to let the magic smoke out of the board in your plane than to get the polarity of your battery incorrect),& you are good to go!