Midwest AeroStar remake

evolwun

Dang, it takes a long time to cut out a scratch build like this.

1628865218809.png

RandyL

That looks really nice. I am an AeroStar fan myself. What you have there is basically the AeroStar 20. It had a 52 inch wing.

evolwun

That looks really nice. I am an AeroStar fan myself. What you have there is basically the AeroStar 20. It had a 52 inch wing.
Agree. The funny thing is, I did not even know the AeroStar 20 was even a thing until after I had shrunk down the 40. :LOL::LOL:

RandyL

Agree. The funny thing is, I did not even know the AeroStar 20 was even a thing until after I had shrunk down the 40. :LOL::LOL:

I sort of had that feeling, figured I'd at least mention it for you. They made AeroSports as well for more advanced flying. I think they were in both 20 and 40 sizes as well. You have done a great job with it.

evolwun

Well, the first flight did not go well. The battery came loose, slipped to the back and I lost my CG. It will fly again, though.

1630893450981.png

evolwun

The damage is not really that bad. the nose hit first and just pushed the motor pod back into the fuselage. A little bit of crinkled foam, but nothing major. Who wants a pristine plane anyway?