mighty mini army

wichdo you like more speedster or scout

• Total voters

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Wow nice touch with the snoopy nice little plane perfect time too winter is in sight kinda
Thanks for sharing
-Airhawk

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Almost done :) im going to paint it peashooter style when its ready to paint 20150912_193915.jpg 20150912_193929.jpg 20150912_193938.jpg 20150912_194006.jpg 20150912_194015.jpg

Last edited:

ika

DTF nut
Your pictures are not showing up, instead there is a link like: <Attachment 54116>

When I click the link, I get an error message:
"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

haygood

So far it seems painting very light coats to get started is the only way to go. Paints that are water based, like cheap hobby acrylics, are the worst. Enamel paint through an airbrush should be pretty good. I can use paint from a spray can fairly liberally with the foam board, but even then I put a thin coat on first and let that flash off for a few seconds before giving a thorough coat.

ika

DTF nut
The MinWax method is really easy and it works. I've been flying my MinWaxed FT Mini Scout a lot lately, and the plane has gotten a bit moist a couple of times from bellylanding in wet grass & flying for 10 minutes after it started drizzling rain the other day. The plane has held up really nicely even with the wetting. The paper inside has some delamination issues. I wish I had peeled it off to begin with - or minwaxed the interior before sliding on the wing. I use cheap hobby acrylics for paint, I apply it with a Paasche single action airbrush.

Your FT Mini Speedster looks very nice. Let's see it with Minwax & paint on :)

airhawk

Crashing Ace
So far it seems painting very light coats to get started is the only way to go. Paints that are water based, like cheap hobby acrylics, are the worst. Enamel paint through an airbrush should be pretty good. I can use paint from a spray can fairly liberally with the foam board, but even then I put a thin coat on first and let that flash off for a few seconds before giving a thorough coat.
I don't have an airbrush but would enamel paint through a regular brush work?

airhawk

Crashing Ace
The MinWax method is really easy and it works. I've been flying my MinWaxed FT Mini Scout a lot lately, and the plane has gotten a bit moist a couple of times from bellylanding in wet grass & flying for 10 minutes after it started drizzling rain the other day. The plane has held up really nicely even with the wetting. The paper inside has some delamination issues. I wish I had peeled it off to begin with - or minwaxed the interior before sliding on the wing. I use cheap hobby acrylics for paint, I apply it with a Paasche single action airbrush.

Your FT Mini Speedster looks very nice. Let's see it with Minwax & paint on :)
Thanks i will try minwax i plan to paint it some what like this
peashooter.jpg
Also would this work for paint http://www.amazon.com/Testors-Hobby-Craft-Acrylic-Paint/dp/B0006NDZOE

Thanks
-Airhawk

ika

DTF nut
It won't look quite as smooth as airbrush, but enamels seem to go on pretty nicely with a brush if you have good technique. (And if you can deal with the smell of the enamel paint, that is :) Even with a Mini, there's lots of surface area and you'll end up using a lot of enamel paint, it adds up the $$$'s quickly.

mesolost

do you think inkjet printer ink diluted with windex would work with an air brush?? =p

edit: ya know I'm just gonna go do it and see how it turns out XD brb

edit: OMG! It works! Would probably worked better at 1/4 windex but it worked nicely. ^_^

Last edited: