Thinking About designing a new ...

Crazed Scout Pilot

I am thinking about some new airplanes I would like to design. I want to design something that the community would enjoy. Anybody have any interest in a Swappable Spirit of ST.Louis, What about some WW1 biplanes, I also thought about some Mighty Mini pusher Jets. I look forward to hearing some feed back from you guys.

RossFPV

I am thinking about some new airplanes I would like to design. I want to design something that the community would enjoy. Anybody have any interest in a Swappable Spirit of ST.Louis, What about some WW1 biplanes, I also thought about some Mighty Mini pusher Jets. I look forward to hearing some feed back from you guys.
I would be interested in some prop powered jets or biplanes

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I'm a big biplane fan. Camel, Albatross, Sopwith Pup, D VII....

Crazed Scout Pilot

Yes I totaly agree we need more Biplanes. There just amazing! I am then going to start working on a nice large Swappable Sopwith Camel. Un less you guys rather Mighty Mini. I don't have any computer program to draw plans with, so I have to do it with a pencil. But it will be tiled and all you have to do is just print them out, and tape them together like the FT plans. I will also include some detailed build instructions, because I want to make sure that everyone is able to build it from the beginner to the advanced scratch builder. Were going onto summer right now so i'll build the swappable one right now and if you guys like it i'll build a mighty mini one in the winter. Maybe even some skies for taking off of snow.:)
I will keep everybody posted with how the build goes. It will be in the warbird section of the forum.
I would be interested in some prop powered jets or biplanes
Have you seen my F-16 post on the forum. It has tiled plans and build instructions for a prop powered mighty mini F-16.
IMG_8106.JPG

IMG_8133.JPG

IMG_8132.JPG

IMG_8260.JPG

IMG_8263.JPG

It flies very similar to the FT F-22, I hope you enjoy it. If you have any ideas on how I could improve it please let me know.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Yes I totaly agree we need more Biplanes. There just amazing! I am then going to start working on a nice large Swappable Sopwith Camel. Un less you guys rather Mighty Mini. I don't have any computer program to draw plans with, so I have to do it with a pencil. But it will be tiled and all you have to do is just print them out, and tape them together like the FT plans. I will also include some detailed build instructions, because I want to make sure that everyone is able to build it from the beginner to the advanced scratch builder. Were going onto summer right now so i'll build the swappable one right now and if you guys like it i'll build a mighty mini one in the winter. Maybe even some skies for taking off of snow.:)
I will keep everybody posted with how the build goes. It will be in the warbird section of the forum.

Have you seen my F-16 post on the forum. It has tiled plans and build instructions for a prop powered mighty mini F-16.
View attachment 238563
View attachment 238564

View attachment 238565
View attachment 238566
View attachment 238567
It flies very similar to the FT F-22, I hope you enjoy it. If you have any ideas on how I could improve it please let me know.
I like your F-16. If you want an easy flying biplane try my (shameless plug) Simple Staggerwing -

Crazed Scout Pilot

I like your F-16. If you want an easy flying biplane try my (shameless plug) Simple Staggerwing -
Nice Simple Staggerwing! I think it would be a pretty cool 3D biplane. I'll have to try that. Its on my to build list. I really like the detail on the canopy. Everything just looks perfect.

Crazed Scout Pilot

I'm sorry I did not have enough foam to build a Swappable camel so I have to do a mighty mini and many when I get more foam I can work on a Swappable. Also you can take the mini plans and scale them up.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Now working on some skins. I can't afford any of the fancy adobe programs to do the skins. So, i have to use the good old paint. This is my first time around doing skins, and figuring out paint. I would appreciate any help. What I'm doing right now is just drawing a basic camo scheme and then filling it in. I can't figure out how to draw a perfect strait line so I will have to manually draw panel lines with a pen and ruler. This should turn out to be a pretty cool Camel. Can't wait.
IMG_8292.JPG

RossFPV

Now working on some skins. I can't afford any of the fancy adobe programs to do the skins. So, i have to use the good old paint. This is my first time around doing skins, and figuring out paint. I would appreciate any help. What I'm doing right now is just drawing a basic camo scheme and then filling it in. I can't figure out how to draw a perfect strait line so I will have to manually draw panel lines with a pen and ruler. This should turn out to be a pretty cool Camel. Can't wait. View attachment 238590
You should try inkscape its free and i really like it