Miles Reed's Weeks Solution X

epiper93

This has been our Winter project for a little over 2 months now. My brother decided to take on the challenge of building THIS! We have helped him (My dad and I.) and we're close to being done, will post another photo when its complete!
IMG_0061.jpg

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Hold on now, you can't just pop in here and post only one picture on a big project like that! Is that a kit, an ARF, or...? What're you powering it with? Details and pics before it's finished are always good, as it can often help others with their own builds.

Thanks for sharing!

epiper93

Hold on now, you can't just pop in here and post only one picture on a big project like that! Is that a kit, an ARF, or...? What're you powering it with? Details and pics before it's finished are always good, as it can often help others with their own builds.

Thanks for sharing!
Haha! its a kit from a Mile's good buddy who took over his Kit Cutting Business, if anyone is interested in his number to order the kit feel free to ask. He's got a DLE 60cc in it which is just about average for what they recommend. For those of you who over power everything you may want to go with a little bigger engine but 60cc should pull it fine.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That is one big shiny beastie!! I will second the motion for more pics during the build process if possible. It looks gorgeous.

Lose the cabane struts then change the cowl and that fuselage could easily become a Caudron 460. That shape with the more rearward cockpit is forever in my head after building Rockboys version and looking at the pictures during the design process.

epiper93

That is one big shiny beastie!! I will second the motion for more pics during the build process if possible. It looks gorgeous.

Lose the cabane struts then change the cowl and that fuselage could easily become a Caudron 460. That shape with the more rearward cockpit is forever in my head after building Rockboys version and looking at the pictures during the design process.
I'm looking forward to seeing it fly, and a little interested in flying it myself (If he will let me..Probably not!.) We have posted a video or two, to our youtube channel during the building process, I will share the link..Our dad used to fly with Miles Reed, he was supposedly the "Best" especially in our area (Northeastern Ohio.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLc_qIGKFA0&t=269s

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Cool over view for the build. Subbed your channel quick since I was logged in already. Usually get lazy if I am not then forget to sub people later when I get back on. that Red one you are working on looks good as well. Will there be a maiden video on that soon?

epiper93

Cool over view for the build. Subbed your channel quick since I was logged in already. Usually get lazy if I am not then forget to sub people later when I get back on. that Red one you are working on looks good as well. Will there be a maiden video on that soon?
Yes, there will be a maiden on the weeks, I have actually flown the supersportster since that video was put up. huge issue is my wife is usually the one who does alot of the video stuff with us and if shes working we dont have anyone to run the camera, I do all the editing, and so forth, she just captures the moments lol.. But yes theyre will definitely be some more videos coming soon, Were hoping to get some footage tomorrow, we all got our skis on beings we have close to 8 inches of snow on the ground right now lol

Chuppster

This appears to be a dead thread, but I've got the little one of these (seen in my profile picture) and I really like it, wouldn't mind making a bigger one. Could you point me to where you got the plans for yours?