• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mini Sea Duck

I would like to build a Mini Sea Duck but I've never cut my own foam. I've only build a mini Arrow and a mini Dart and I got the foam pre-cut from Flitetest . I'm guessing that I would get the plans from Flitetest and shrink them down and cut them by hand, right? My problem is that I don't know how to do this so I was wondering if anyone here could give me some pointers. What software applications do you use to shrink plans down? Do you cut the foam by hand or is there an online service that would cut it for me if I sent the the plans? Sorry for the newbie questions. I've never scratch built like this before.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Mentor
I would like to build a Mini Sea Duck but I've never cut my own foam. I've only build a mini Arrow and a mini Dart and I got the foam pre-cut from Flitetest . I'm guessing that I would get the plans from Flitetest and shrink them down and cut them by hand, right? My problem is that I don't know how to do this so I was wondering if anyone here could give me some pointers. What software applications do you use to shrink plans down? Do you cut the foam by hand or is there an online service that would cut it for me if I sent the the plans? Sorry for the newbie questions. I've never scratch built like this before.
You can scale the plans when you print by changing the scale in acrobat reader for the print.

Next you cut out the pieces and score the fold lines. If you have a balsa stripper then you can do the fold channels using the balsa stripper with it set to the material thickness.

It works for me!

Have fun!