Modified Bloody Wonder

IBBruin

Hey all, this is my first post here but have been reading a while. I've built several Flitetest planes and by far the most fun I've had was flying the Bloody Wonder. I have a CNC machine I built and recently added a laser and have been having lots of fun modifying the plans Flitetest provides for free.

Anyway here's my latest. I've not flown it yet but plan on it this weekend if the wind allows.

Bloody Wonder stretched and changed to 2 motors. I'll put a Mobius or FPV in the middle pod if it survives the maiden.

Attachments

• mod3.jpg
    mod3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 11

IBBruin

My original BW flew just like this so it has to be forgiving. lol

Attachments

• damaged.jpg
    damaged.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 5

IBBruin

It flies great!

My camera operators need training but it flies great! Hand launched for the maiden. Once I got it trimmed out I landed and installed a fresh battery. The vertical take off is about half way through the video.

This is awesome! Well done!!! Do you have differential thrust on the motors? Also, do you think you'll release plans for it? I have a friend who is expanding his laser cutter to fit full sheets of foam board and I'm sure he'd be interested in cutting one out too! Maybe even a couple! ;)

IBBruin

I didn't do differential thrust mainly because I didn't want to take the time to figure out how on my old DX7. I'll gladly share the file as soon as I get back home.