More Product Diversity?

wbegg

I love the Flitetest reviews, but they seem to be geared towards their sponsors. How about some reviews of such items as Frysky rx/tx, T-Motor, Battery brand battles, etc. and maybe some more how-to regarding nitro/gas models?

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Most of the items aren't really sponsored, but bought by Flite Test itself. If they show "sponsored" items they usually mention it in the videos like they did with the "pre-production" Headplay Goggles for example. They got them for testing purposes, not specifically with request to show them on Youtube.

But yes, they have more contacts with some companies than with others. And they are of course a little more oriented towards beginners.

As for FrSky I'm still hoping they'll give it a chance some day. I've been told in France last year that they have/had a Taranis, but nobody really wanted to dig into it, since they all liked their Spektrums. Looks like the Graupner TXs are more interesting to play with...

HawkMan

For Radio's they seemed to have been very focused on radio's from partners/sponsors. They've always been very pro spektrum, then in a period they where quite futaba because they gave them radios, and had a very buddy relationship with Hitec, and now they're all in on Graupner.

if you look at some of their videos, one of their guys actually flies with a Taranis, but while they always talk about how they support affordability in the hobby, they've never even mentioned the Taranis. (actually I think it's the miniquad pilot who flies with a taranis)

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
if you look at some of their videos, one of their guys actually flies with a Taranis, but while they always talk about how they support affordability in the hobby, they've never even mentioned the Taranis. (actually I think it's the miniquad pilot who flies with a taranis)

Alex? He flies spektrum.

I don't get the impression you are getting. I think when something new comes along they are all over it. When a sponsor gives them equipment I'm sure they are obligated to show it off and talk about it a certain amount too. Personally I think the fact that Graupner came out with a 6 channel radio that is cheaper than a DX6i but has telemetry is really cool!

The Taranis is a cool radio and all but there are so many other youtube videos about it. I'm sure if Flite test was sent one they would review it. But at this point unless there are a lot of people asking for a review I don't think it will happen.

HawkMan

you can see one of them flying on a taranis in many of he videos, so they do have someone who flies and is knowledgeable about it.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I'm trying to figure this out, so far I'm coming up short. The only Taranis I've seen in a flite test video is when they flew with Trappy. He had one I believe.

From what I've found so far...

Eric flew Futaba
Alex flew Spektrum
Peter flew Spectrum and Graupner
Josh B flew with Spectrum, Futaba, Hitec, and Graupner
Josh S flew with Spektrum, Graupner
Chad flew with Spektrum
David flew with Hitec

The beginner series video features Futaba T8FG, Hitec Aurora, then Spektrum Dx4, 5, 6i, 8, and 18, and one of the older Graupners. I'm not saying there isn't one in the videos, I'm just saying I'm having a lot of trouble finding it.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Charpu flew Taranis too, but not part of the team either =).

The crew that was in France last year were all flying Spectrum.

As I mentioned I've asked them why they never showed a Taranis and someone said they have one in the shop, but since everybody just loves their Spectrums nobody wanted to dig deep into something else.

As with the Graupners that's different, because they really liked the modern features like color touchscreen, telemetry and that it's still fairly easy to use despite all the possibilities. That's why they started flying Graupners after they first talked with them on a podcast.

Graupner never sponsored an episode as far as I know. I'm not even sure if Flite Test was given the first Graupners for free.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
i really don't like the graupener takeover they've cutoff all other TX models. people might say there good but they have there flaws too.
cant we all types of TX brands.