Moth Minor Swappable - design, build, and review log

gabrielete

The maiden was a success, she's really floaty. I'm impressed how easy it's to fly and how beautiful looks in the sky. You can really relax and enjoy.

She's slow, so she don't give me confidece to do some inverted fly, anyway i'll try becouse i know it's only on my mind....

I proceed to paint it on RAF trainer colours :)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
gabrielete,

Great work! Glad she flies nice for you. Please post photos after you get all colored up.

gabrielete

Ready!!!! IMG_20150527_193846.jpg IMG_20150527_193819.jpg

jamboree1

That hurts. One thing i noticed flying my moth is that when you are doing rolls you need to use some up elevator, this might be the cause of you losing control as that it dived down.

paultbg

Hello
Where is the COG from LE on this plane?
I know it was marked on the plan but the wing is tape covered now and I can't see the hole anymore.
Can you please advise?
TY,Paul

Jan Chakk

800 mm moth

Hello !

Has anyone tried to build a reduced wingspan version of the moth. I want to build an 800 mm / 33 in ws

Is there a modified plan available here?

Thanks
JC.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
No plans that I know of but it should be easy enough to do. Adobe let you print at whatever % you'd like. Give it a shot!

jamboree1

Jambo's Moth Minor has been retired. The elevator control horn became unglued in flight, while the plane is repairable she has seen over 100 flights and was really showing it. Her parts shall live on in another build. i'm sure Nerdnic already knows as he probably sensed a great disturbance in the force as she went down.
moth minor retired 002.jpg

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Oh my.. her age is definitely showing. 100 flights is impressive though for a foam airplane.

What will you build next?