Motor not spinning correctly and esc beeps at me

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I think you need that x mount motor mount as a standoff

private message me an address and I can mail you an x mount....no charge.... I have a few of them....in the mean while unbolt your motor and put a washer or 2 between the motor and firewall......... I bet that solves the problem

I think you need that x mount motor mount as a standoff

private message me an address and I can mail you an x mount....no charge.... I have a few of them....in the mean while unbolt your motor and put a washer or 2 between the motor and firewall, bet that solves the problem
No no I can’t let you do that. I’ll buy one from you though. Unfortunately I ran the motor while detached from firewall and without screws and found the same issue but then it went away and came back

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
Unfortunately I ran the motor while detached from firewall and without screws and found the same issue but then it went away and came back
Ok ......so not so simple an issue
maybe defective ESC, you dont happen to have a spare motor or ESC to swap around do you

skymaster

Elite member
does that firewall have a hole in the middle where the shaft goes. make sure the shaft clip that holds the back shaft is not binding to the firewall, and if the screws are a little long put some washer's on them like a spacer. good luck

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
what brand and model numbers are ESC and motor.......... I will look at the specs, I suspect the ESC

@skymaster during testing he JUST found it does this even when not mounted to anything

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
given its a " flite test product " & there are so many guys in here using them if you dont hear someone else chime in with some known approach at a fix, Id start boxing it up for return

Bricks

Master member
Did you calibrate the ESC? Turn on transmitter put throttle stick to high plug in plane wait for beeps then lower the throttle and ESC should go thru it`s normal routine. This may only be one issue as it sounds as if the screws are too long you could just put a spacer between the firewall and motor or washers.

Did you calibrate the ESC? Turn on transmitter put throttle stick to high plug in plane wait for beeps then lower the throttle and ESC should go thru it`s normal routine. This may only be one issue as it sounds as if the screws are too long you could just put a spacer between the firewall and motor or washers.
I did not program the esc. I’m embarrassed to say but I think I’ve programmed one esc like ever. The aircraft is bound to the receiver. Should I delete it and bind it again?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
No need to rebind the Rx. Calibrating the ECS is completely unrelated. You are showing the ECS what high & low throttle looks like from your setup. Follow @Bricks instructions. After the calibration, power cycle the ECS, off then on.

No need to rebind the Rx. Calibrating the ECS is completely unrelated. You are showing the ECS what high & low throttle looks like from your setup. Follow @Bricks instructions. After the calibration, power cycle the ECS, off then on.
I did and nothing happened. Turned on transmitter. Throttle at max then plugged battery into receiver. Nothing new happened no beeps from the esc

whackflyer

Master member
I did and nothing happened. Turned on transmitter. Throttle at max then plugged battery into receiver. Nothing new happened no beeps from the esc
You have to have your motor connected to the ESC because it's the motor that makes the beeps... don't know if that's your problem or not.