motor

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
depends on the prop you put on it.

For example, the FT C pack motor [2218/1180kV - so smaller motor, bit higher KV] has a recommended prop of HQ 10 x 4.7 (both 3S and 4S).
given that your motor is bigger (the 3536 describe the size - 1st 2 number is the diameter, 2nd 2 numbers is the height - yours is bigger both ways) and lower KV, it should handle 4s on that size motor fine.

What is the max current draw of your ESC? because that also needs to be high enough to handle your motor/prop combo.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Going to 4S will depend on the ESC & prop. If the ESC is capable of handling the voltage and the prop will not overstrain the motor then it’s possible.

Start with an ESC that you know can operate on 4S. Then test the prop, best to start small. On the ground, run it full throttle for 10 seconds, stop it and check the temperature, by touching the motor, ESC & battery. Warm is OK, but if the as so hot you can’t hold then, stop, the prop is too big. If it passes, try a 30 second run. If it passes, try a 60 second run. If it passes, you can try a larger prop. If anything gets too hot try a smaller prop.

It’s always a good practice to test the temperature of everything after a flight, a prop that worked when it 70 may overheat when it 95+.

Panosth

okay ill make sure i try that the plane came with a 10x4 prop so should is it ok if i try it with a 7x4 prop first? And also another question can the plane fly with a 7x4 prop on 3s too? And another question can the plane handle a bigger battery like a 3s 4000mah. And another question. Can i put a flight stabilization system in there?
The plane is this :https://www.hobbyzone.com/rc-airplanes/pnp/AH010P.html
and im flying it with an flysky fs i6 controller.
Sorry for asking too many questions :)

Hondo76251

Legendary member
okay ill make sure i try that the plane came with a 10x4 prop so should is it ok if i try it with a 7x4 prop first?

I think she'd be a bit under powered with a 7"

And also another question can the plane fly with a 7x4 prop on 3s too?

Looks like @Ratcheeroo found that the recommend prop is 11x7 @3s. If you run a much smaller and flatter pitch prop at the same voltage (3s) you'll likely be quite underpowered.

And another question can the plane handle a bigger battery like a 3s 4000mah

I dont know that model specifically so i cant say for sure. It depends on the size of the battery compartment and the amount of room you have to correct the CG with the extra weight. Chances are if its recommend battery is up to 3200 3s you can probably find a 4000 that will fit.

Can i put a flight stabilization system in there?

You can put stabilization in just about anything. Some recievers even have it built in (im not a flysky guy so i dont know one off the top of my head) other way is to put a stabilizer downstream of the receiver. Ive used several with success this way. The Zohd kopilot has GPS but its also more complicated. Ive had good luck with volantix xpilot too. I like simple.
Theres an endless debate about learning to fly on stabilization or not. I think using a stable plane and forgoing the stabilization is best. A stabilizer that is not tuned properly can cause more problems than it fixes and can be quite frustrating for the beginner unless you have help setting it up.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Yea im asking about the stabilization because i dont know if it works with my tx and rx
The Stabilizer version of that plane says it will work with a PPM receiver, Which for Flysky would be any of their AFHDS 2A receivers such as the FS-IA6B