Motors going crazy!!!

PANOS

Hi, i have an fpv drone and it has a problem that i cant solve.As you can see in the video below when i arm my quad and give it throttle the motors go up and down out of control without me moving the sticks. This happens with and without the propellers. Motor are going the right direction, they are mounted correctly the flight controller is well mounted i havent changed anything on the betaflight motor tab and it still does this! Please help
Drone specs
i flight xl5 5inch frame
Xing-e 2306 24500 kv motor
jb f4 flight controller
Jb 30A 4in1 esc

This is the video where i show you the problem :

Phin G

Elite member
I had this same problem it is to do with the flight mode so it is likely that it is just the flight mode( acro). Hope this helps
Phin
I dint know what is happening with motor 3

Bifi.baarlo

Did you try to fly the quad? I think it is normal behaviour, be sure that the board orientation is correct ,the motor position and the direction wich the motors spin, when you didn't try it already, try to fly it carefully on an open field.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
You say it does it with props on as well? Hopefully, that was outside. Did you build this yourself, and has it ever flown?

PANOS

i have tried to fly it but it just flips on the take off. I have the drone for 3 months and it hasnt flown. Its a pre build i didnt build it.

Bifi.baarlo

In the motor tab, if you move the bar from motor one up, is motor one than spinning? Is this correct for all 4 motors?

PANOS

oooooh yeah thats correct ive checked that. Also in the motor tab when i move the bar that goes all the motors up they all are equally goin up

Bifi.baarlo

When the quad is not level, it tries to level by spinning the motor faster that is at the lowest point, when the quad is flipping, in the most cases the problem is that the wrong motor is spinning faster, that's why i think there must be something wrong with the orientation, motor position or direction the motors are spinning or prop direction, if that is all correct, than the quad should fly.
Did you try different fly modes like angle, acro, horizon etc?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
i have tried to fly it but it just flips on the take off. I have the drone for 3 months and it hasnt flown. Its a pre build i didnt build it.
Is turtle mode configured in the Modes tab in BetaFlight? If so, make sure that switch is not active when you arm.

How about some screen shots from the Modes tab and also from your Configuration tab. The last will tell us how the gyro is oriented.

PANOS

bifi barloo yes everything you said is correct and no i havent turned on turtle mode. Could it be a faulty esc or motor? Just saying the quad has never flown since i have it

CappyAmeric

Elite member
bifi barloo yes everything you said is correct and no i havent turned on turtle mode. Could it be a faulty esc or motor? Just saying the quad has never flown since i have it
Unlikely it is a faulty ESC or motor. It appears to be an gyro orientation issue if you do not have turtle mode. Check your gyro orientation (Setup Tab) and your transmitter channel setup.

Here is an oldie, but goodie for steps to narrow down flip-outs similar to what you are having (you can likely skip down to the step Check Flight Controller Orientation):

https://www.propwashed.com/what-to-do-when-your-quad-flips-out-or-wont-take-off/

Lastly, since this is a JB controller, reach out to Joshua Bardwell via email. JoshuaBardwell@gmail.com

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Couple of things.

When you run a copter on your desktop the copter will try to level itself by spinning some motors faster than others. In flight this levels your copter. On the desk it has no effect so the flight controller will try to go faster and faster as it tries to level the whole desk. Ignore this behavior on the desk. It is typical.

As I understand it, your copter flips on launch. Lots of things can cause this. It takes a bit of troubleshooting so let's start with the common causes.

Did you synch your ESCs to the throttle? When you start the motors, ALL motors should start at the same time. If they do not START at the same time, you need to synch or you will flip on launch.

Each motor should spin a specific direction and is numbered by the flight controller. Motor 1 should spin one way, motor 2 the opposite and so on around the copter. If the ESCs are connected to the flight controller such that motor 1 is connected where motor 2 should be and visa versa, the copter will flip on launch.

Be sure each motor is connected to the proper slot on the flight controller and that each motor is spinning in the direction the flight controller thinks it should be.

Failure to synch or connecting ESCs in the wrong order are the top two reasons I have ever seen a copter insta-flip since 2013. One of these is almost certainly the issue. Check them hard.

Is the copter facing the direction the copter thinks it is facing? If your flight controller was installed at 90* to front in order to make it so you can plug a micro usb into the board while it is mounted on the copter, the rotation needs to be adjusted in your flight controller software.

Be sure the front of the flight controller is pointing at the front of the copter or make the adjustment in the software or you will flip.

Start here. Post some video or photos showing the build so we can see the things I am talking about in high def and lets see if we can get this flying.

PANOS

Thank you for the information . Yes the motors are spinning the right direction motor 1 is motor 2 is 2 motor 3 is 3 and motor 4 is 4 im not sure if the motors are connected in the write slot but ill send a picture to show you. The fc is mounted correctly. And yes when i arm it all motors start together.

PANOS

I Hope you can understand the pictures. In the second picture i show you where every wire is soldered

Attachments

• 2000_0101_000020_002.JPG
    2000_0101_000020_002.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2000_0101_000030_003_LI.jpg
    2000_0101_000030_003_LI.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0