Motors going crazy!!!

Bifi.baarlo

Only if the motors on your quad are not corresponding with the motor tab, if you move slider one up, motor one must start to spin, slider two, motor two, etc. if this is not correct, then you can solder the three wires of the motor to the correct esc, if a motor spins the wrong direction, than switch two of the three motor wires.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Maybe it is easier to change the position of the motorwires on the esc, but you told me a few hours ago that the motors are corresponding with the bar movements on the motortab.

I believe when he spins up motor 1 in the flight software, M3 left rear is spinning up.

so i should solder the motor wire to other tabs?
I wouldn't solder anything if you have that 8 pin connector.

Look closely at the connector. There should be a way to pop the pins out and re-order them. Doing so should not require soldering.

Do be careful re-ordering the pins. If you swap out a voltage pin with a signal pin you can release the magic smoke that makes the board work.

OMP working on the new pinout.

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Both methods work, do what's the easiest for you.

Correct. If soldering is simpler than moving the pins in that connector by all means solder.

I am also going to recommend (particularly if you solder) that you build a smokestopper and test the solder connections before you power up your quad. If you have caused a short with the soldering, the smokestopper can prevent the electronics from being fried.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
For the signal wires only.

Per your description above what you currently have is:
M3 is in the M1 pin position.
M1 is in the M3 pin position.
M2 is in the M4 pin position.
M4 is in the M2 pin position.

Swap out the pins for 1 and 3 and for 2 and 4. I don't think you will even have to swap prop directions.

Test with a smokestopper if you have one.

This is how it should work when you test spinning up individual motors in the software.
When you spin up motor 1 in the software, the right rear motor should spin.
When you spin up motor 2 in the software, the right front motor should spin.
When you spin up motor 3 in the software, the left rear motor should spin.
When you spin up motor 4 in the software, the left front motor should spin.

Motors 1 and 4 should spin the same direction. Motors 2 and 3 should spin the same direction. Motors 1 and 2 should spin opposite directions.
Your copter will flip until these last seven sentences are true.

Last edited:

PANOS

hi guys sorry for not responding but i had a really long day. I just wanted to let you know that i fixed the problem. For some reason the switch that i arm my quad with had some problems and was making it go crazy.I simply switch the arming switched and it fixed the problem. Turns out it had to do with the transmitter. Sorry if i wasted you time.

Last edited: