• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Mounting propeller without a bullet/cone adapter

hiroshiman

Can you do that ? I've been looking around and can't find the answer, at least I couldn't find anyone saying "don't do it". I bought a PROPDRIVE V2 2826 1100kv Brushless Outrunner Motor and it comes with a shaft pressure adapter and a 3 bolt adapter, and naively I think that mounting the propeller without a cone will work just fine. Am I facing catastrophic results ? Total noob question of course. I will start a topic on my Simple Scout from FT plans soon but I'm gathering specific information for now.

Attached.jpg

Take care guys

FDS

The silver part screws into the spinning part of the motor, then the prop goes over the shaft, with the nut holding it all on.
Make sure the prop is a tight fit on the shaft, it comes with a few collars to help you with that. If one is close but too tight you can widen it a bit with a reamer or hobby knife.
image.jpg
Lots of flying hours and numerous crashes in the same set up here. On a Sportster, same size as the Scout, in heavy EU foamboard. Note home made firewall. It’s fine without a spinner, you don’t need one, sure they look nice but not at all essential.

hiroshiman

You're always helpful mate, thanks a lot. It looks like I'm going to be ready to fly soon then :) Still following all your advice mate, thanks again.