Mulitlingual Members

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'm not aware of a current need but I would suppose there are some that love flying as much or more than many of us but do not speak English. Perhaps some of these same people come across the forum but have no real way of communicating effectively due to the language barrier.

My suggestion is that we open a channel or thread where those of us who are multilingual can roger up and volunteer our assistance. I suspect with the membership that we already have we could cover quite a number of countries/languages. Just a thought. I don't know where I'd put it, probably in a general dialogue area.

What does the forum think?

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I think that this is quite a good a idea but a chatbox (which I already suggested in another thread before) could replace that because if someone´s there asking for something in a another language like German, then I could answer him.

I have already made some contact to someone else in this forum just over private messages.
We can give it a try and open up a category somewhere and see how its going.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Is chat box a live thing like a regular chat? Does it allow for dialogue exchange to happen at each others convenience? I like a chat window idea too where a discussion can take place that doesn't have to be so complete/comprehensive. I'm thinking something similar to the chat capability of FB. Is this what you mean?