MWelectroSpider

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
mixers for tau? I just got a bit more interested :)

Mixers have always been there. But last night he modeled some calculations to make finding optimal mixers for different layouts really easy. He used it to calculate a mixer for a hex with some crazily tilted motors designed to fly like the LVL1 and stay level in forward flight. It's not quite perfect, for for something bashed up in an evening it's pretty impressive.

Setting up a custom mix is nothing new, setting it up automatically and then configuring it to allow forward flight while level in one night, that's new :D

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
some calculations to make finding optimal mixers for different layouts really easy.

"really easy"... I haven't even heard about Quaternions before and I have studied electrical engineering for a while... =)

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
"really easy"... I haven't even heard about Quaternions before and I have studied electrical engineering for a while... =)

Ahh, but that's the joy of it. With the tools Peabody is talking about you get the benefits of math like his...without having to actually know any of it :D Let him deal with the Quaternions (Admittedly not that common in EE since you're not usually dealing with as many dimensions!) and such - then when his tool is done just plug in your motor positions and angles...and voila - you've got mixer settings.

Kind of like the spreadsheets that Joshuabardwell did for figuring out the mixers in MW/Naze on his spider - only with heavier math to help deal with things like tilted motors as well as motor position.