F-16 Version 2

Crazed Scout Pilot

It's really a bummer I lost the Rafael design. Now I have lost all motivation to try it again. I will though try it at some point. It's really hard though when I lose it because I'm not a great designer so it takes me a lot of thinking and planning to come up with something.

Shurik-1960

My personal opinion: to create a new one, you need to learn how to do someone else's perfectly. For example : You made a huge cutout in the wing under the fuselage - this weakened the structure and showed that you are an amateur in design. In all models, the wing structure is made light and rigid. The fuselage is easily cut and glued to the wing. Its functions are the similarity of the model to the prototype and a place to install the battery, receiver and servomechanisms. Control of the ailerons in your model could be done on 1 servomechanism, hiding it in the fuselage and setting the rods to the ailerons. The motor for this span should be put in the back, this would make it possible to install a good battery in the nose of the fuselage, which could be moved to find the best flight CG. In this span, I would make a wing with a flat-convex profile using 3mm foam or with a KFM2 profile, which will improve glider qualities. In conclusion, make the nose of the fuselage into a cone. You have a topic and you don't have to drop it and move on to a new one. I suggest you make the next reincarnation of your model, taking into account all the wishes. And if we say -WOW!! You managed to do what you wanted.

Crazed Scout Pilot

My personal opinion: to create a new one, you need to learn how to do someone else's perfectly. For example : You made a huge cutout in the wing under the fuselage - this weakened the structure and showed that you are an amateur in design. In all models, the wing structure is made light and rigid. The fuselage is easily cut and glued to the wing. Its functions are the similarity of the model to the prototype and a place to install the battery, receiver and servomechanisms. Control of the ailerons in your model could be done on 1 servomechanism, hiding it in the fuselage and setting the rods to the ailerons. The motor for this span should be put in the back, this would make it possible to install a good battery in the nose of the fuselage, which could be moved to find the best flight CG. In this span, I would make a wing with a flat-convex profile using 3mm foam or with a KFM2 profile, which will improve glider qualities. In conclusion, make the nose of the fuselage into a cone. You have a topic and you don't have to drop it and move on to a new one. I suggest you make the next reincarnation of your model, taking into account all the wishes. And if we say -WOW!! You managed to do what you wanted.
Thank you for your help. We’re should I put the prop slot then?

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hey swampxxl hidden ever try to build the f-16. What about did you see my Rafale thread. I have not heard from you in a while just checking in.

swampxxl

Hey swampxxl hidden ever try to build the f-16. What about did you see my Rafale thread. I have not heard from you in a while just checking in.

Hey thanks for asking. Between work and parenting I haven't had much time to build. I have a already done the nose of the f16. Today I started with the wing. Your Rafael looks really nice. It's definitely on my build list.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hey thanks for asking. Between work and parenting I haven't had much time to build. I have a already done the nose of the f16. Today I started with the wing. Your Rafael looks really nice. It's definitely on my build list.
Ok cool! Parenting can be a lot of work I’m the oldest of
5 so I know. The Rafale should go together similarly to the f-16 we’re the nose fits in to the slot in the wing. I hope that’s not too confusing. I plan today between school to try to print out the Rafale plans and build the prototype . Hoping that it works out.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hey Swampxxl, how are things going?
Did you have a good thanksgiving?
I did not say anything in my videos or instructions about the thrust angle. So I’ll try to draw a diagram. Basically I just eyeballed the same amount that’s on the ft mini power pod.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hey everyone it’s been about 6 months since I designed that f-16 and 6 months since I started my YouTube channel Inspiring flights so I decided to revisit my f-16. I wanted to scale it up and put an airfoil on the wings. As I start to build it I’ll post some pics

Shurik-1960

I promised to assemble a model - I have assembled it. But this project is constantly accompanied by failures: a package with servomechanisms was lost, a package with different engines arrived (I ordered 2 CW + CCW engines of the same brand) from different manufacturers and different capacities. Now I have to order a pair of the received engines from another seller in China..The first flight of the model is still a month away.

I plan to install 2 engines (CW+CCW) with a 5045 three-bladed propeller ( https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005004019322874.html?sku_id=12000029353985150 ) on the exhaust pipes of the model. The total thrust of the engines should be more than 1200 grams with a flight weight of a model with a 2200 mA 3S battery -760 grams.

Last edited: