F-16 Version 2

Crazed Scout Pilot

Hi,
You might have seen my thread "The Mighty Mini F-16 is Here" and thought the same way that i did. I did not like the way that my version 1 looked so here is version 2.
This is just a preview. If you guys like it I will write an article with plans, instructions, and maybe a flight video.
I'm looking for your feedback if I can change anything before I release the plans. I still have to finish the canopy.
If you like the way this model turned out you can thank Akimbo. He has behind the scenes really helped me design better airplanes. He is a master designer himself. Be sure to check out his designs. He always amazes me with what he comes up with. Some of the planes that he designed i did not even know existed.

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

Shurik-1960

Dear friend.You are full of ambition to create something good. Create a new bike, alas, you will not succeed better than what has already been created. This is true, as the models you have created will not be better than really beautiful and flying models. I don't think your models will fly in principle. You'd better start collecting beautiful models that are made by experienced modelers, then you will understand the principle of creating real flying models. No offense, but I'm used to always telling the truth. I graduated from 2 institutes with honors. I have collected more than 100 models and applying this experience in assembling new models, I always change the design of the authors for the better, reducing the weight of the model without weakening the design. Your latest work is a schematic model that will fly with proper alignment from a catapult elastic band. This is my personal review .As you requested.

akimbo

Dear friend.You are full of ambition to create something good. Create a new bike, alas, you will not succeed better than what has already been created. This is true, as the models you have created will not be better than really beautiful and flying models. I don't think your models will fly in principle. You'd better start collecting beautiful models that are made by experienced modelers, then you will understand the principle of creating real flying models. No offense, but I'm used to always telling the truth. I graduated from 2 institutes with honors. I have collected more than 100 models and applying this experience in assembling new models, I always change the design of the authors for the better, reducing the weight of the model without weakening the design. Your latest work is a schematic model that will fly with proper alignment from a catapult elastic band. This is my personal review .As you requested.
I have spoken with this guy and this design is very good considering that he has limited experience with designing and the the software he is using. I think that this comment is a bit unnecessary, we should be encouraging people to create their own planes rather than build someone else’s design.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Maidened it yesterday and it flew amazing much better then version 1
My plan is to finish the build instructions and post both in the resource section.

Attachments

• 311987C3-C186-409B-A5F9-1F28C971109E.jpeg
    311987C3-C186-409B-A5F9-1F28C971109E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2E5964A8-25DD-4047-A76C-01B82DBC370F.png
    2E5964A8-25DD-4047-A76C-01B82DBC370F.png
    789.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 049F1A30-BCB2-4686-8F36-18DA83537C07.png
    049F1A30-BCB2-4686-8F36-18DA83537C07.png
    640.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1F1CBE90-477F-448B-948E-8B16CDB80735.png
    1F1CBE90-477F-448B-948E-8B16CDB80735.png
    549.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DFAB9754-FA92-4126-963A-8B8EFB2D4050.png
    DFAB9754-FA92-4126-963A-8B8EFB2D4050.png
    651.2 KB · Views: 0

Crazed Scout Pilot

I'm working right now on the maiden video, the build instructions, and finishing the plans.
Would anybody be interested in the plans before I finish the build instructions? Because I have the plans ready with build pics.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Congratulations on your maiden flight. It looks really nice. Can't wait to start building.
when I get home I will try to post the plans and my build pictures. There are no alignment tabs. But if you line up everything it should be fine. I was really Impressed with the flight characteristic it flew like a trainer. I’m hoping it goes the same way for you.
In the next week or so I will try to do a build tips video.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Here are some build tips and pics.
First, make sure that all the cavities in the nose are cleaned out.

IMG_0308.JPG

B fold the bottom first and then the top.

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

Pull the paper off to make it cleaner bend

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

Second, cut the wings out but do not cut the center or the prop slot out.

IMG_0316.JPG

Reinforce the wing halves with glue and tape.

Lay the plan for one wing half down and cut the center and the slot out.

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

There are no ailerons on the final version. But do cut out the elevons.
Cut out both rear fuselage and b fold
Glue the nose into the slot on the wing, ensuring everything is lined up the right way. Then glue the rear fus behind the prop slot. Making sure that everything is lined up.

IMG_0328.JPG

Finish the irplane by glueing the jet exaust to the back of the airplane, glue the canopy together as well. secure the canopy into the fus with a BBQ skewer.

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

Insert the motor and the two elevon servos and you are ready to fly. I hope this was helpful. Stay tuned for a build and flying tips video.

Crazed Scout Pilot

What's the wingspan? What for printer setup should I use? At 100% I get around 28 pages.
It is 33" long and has a wing span of 25". That is about the same amount of pages that I got as well. I just tiled it in Adobe Acrobat. I think that you will have a blast with this model. It has a large vertical stabilizer so it is really stable in the air. If it does not perform that way let me know so I can help.
Were the instructions helpful?

swampxxl

Great I also use adobe acrobat for tileling. The instructions are really helpful. Is the bottom rear the same as top rear fus?