My first attempt at a micro...

How long will it stay in the air?

• Total voters

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Penguin and Emu - heavy with small wings ..................
Cant fly :eek:

Good point. Here's another thought, Rockets are very very heavy and have no wings at all. Raw power might be enough. Controlling it may be a problem.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Whoever painted that must be a graphic designer / descriptive photographer.

Nope. I'm in the building and construction industry!

The penguin is a bit rubbish, I was too busy laughing to visualise it.

glydr

Penguin and Emu - heavy with small wings ..................
Cant fly :eek:

Got it in one.

Someone there suggested a QANTAS kangaroo. Problem with that (I thought) is that a Kangaroo sees more air time than this 'FAIL' will! So we joked and put on the emu and penguin.

Ahh - good times, good times.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Well, you messed up a little with the penguin, as they can fly under water... I just need a really really humid day so I've got nice thick air, which should fix the Reynolds issues for me!

*happy to see 'jens' has faith!*

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
OK, so I got to assume you two (glydr and lobstermash) are friends, neighbors or family... Which one is it?

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Friends. We also go to the same church and Bible study and occasionally (ie probably not as often as we'd like) fly together. I have to concede that he is a much more experienced and knowledgeable pilot... yet he still flies Spektrum...

glydr

I've voted now.

Spektrum. Meh, that sounds like a comment from a Turnigy fan boy.

:)

At least with Spektrum you can buy a BNF micro that can fly!

glydr

I'm surprised LM hasn't mentioned my micro fail. I tried to resurrect a Stevens Aero diddle something or other for the indoor last weekend. Couldn't leave the ground to the merriment of all watching.

glydr

I think I had a dynamic polyhedral issue, that's depron for you.

Sorry to miss your sms LM, would have loved to watch your plane smash but I was at the Rugby (Brumbies won!). Some time this weekend?

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, I remembered when I checked fb and saw one of my colleagues was there... I'm still waiting to hear confirmation about whether I'm fishing today (Saturday), and I'm at a baby shower (which blokes are meant to as well apparently) on Sunday arvo... Hopefully it'll happen today!

glydr

Yeah, I remembered when I checked fb and saw one of my colleagues was there

Bet he wasn't in a corporate box!

'Twas awesome. Picture this, I'm standing there chatting with some blokes in the box with antipasto, beer, wine and softies laid on and along comes one of the players (Tevita Kuridrani) to our box to meet us and have a quick chat!

And we won 19-17! (My voice is still hoarse from cheering).

But yes, back on topic. Charging batteries now in anticipation of a fly today (hopefully fishing is cancelled).

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Well, I still haven't heard re fishing, but I'm assuming it's not happening... Just adding another wing to 'The Fail'! It will be a 'Bi-fail'!

Banshee

Don't complain about the baby shower! You were told to take your planes so you and the poor dad-to-be can go flying!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Some pics of the latest design, with my old puppy in shot.

IMG034.jpg IMG038.jpg