My first FPV system

I thought I would just take a moment to share my first FPV set up with everyone.
I really know squat about FPV, but following several hours of research and browsing through forums I purchased the following from Hobby King:

TX + RX set
SkyZone 5.8Ghz 200mw FPV Wireless AV Tx & Rx Set

Upgraded antenna
5.8GHz Circular Polarized Antenna with Cover for Transmitter and Receiver (RP-SMA) (RHCP)

A 5v regulator
Turnigy HV SBEC 5A Switch Regulator (8-42V input)

And an FPV cable for my GoPro Hero 3+
Super Slim GoPro 3 A/V Cable And Power Lead For FPV

As the GoPro can only take 5v max, I needed to include a regulator in the circuit, as I power the onboard system on my hex with a 2s battery.
I have not used the supplied cable for the transmitter, instead plugging the gopro cable straight into the tx like this:
Slim GoPro FPV Cable_0.jpg

My wiring diagram for the onboard system:
pic1 copys.gif

My ground station is a work in progress, but currently is housed in a work case, utilizing the old Panasonic in-car entertainment system that came with our imported Toyota (that was not compatible with our systems here, nor my wife LOL ) which was replaced with more modern ooonst.

IMG_8221e.jpg
IMG_8223ee.jpg

The unit is pretty cool though, and has a couple of video inputs and a video out which may come in handy in the future. The screen is very clear, although a bit small its enough for this beginner.
When set up, the FPV receiver, shown perched on the edge of the case is mounted to a tall collapsible stand and the reception is very clear, even though they are not big-name brand antenna.

I am having a lot of fun learning to fly via FPV and I guess the next step will be some form of FPV goggles :)

Andrew