My SE5 build

Avid1981

Hi everyone, just finished my se5 build. I have had lots of time lately so thought I'd try another scratch build. This time I may even fly it. I bought the F pack. I 3d printed the power pod with the correct thrust angle. I wasnt planning on painting until after the maiden but high winds and wet weather ruined my plans. So next clear day I get we'll see if I can destroy this. :ROFLMAO:
20201214_203151.jpg

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Hi everyone, just finished my se5 build. I have had lots of time lately so thought I'd try another scratch build. This time I may even fly it. I bought the F pack. I 3d printed the power pod with the correct thrust angle. I wasnt planning on painting until after the maiden but high winds and wet weather ruined my plans. So next clear day I get we'll see if I can destroy this. :ROFLMAO: View attachment 186445
Nice plane! Just about to fly before it starts raining again for me.

Tinlegs

Hi everyone, just finished my se5 build. I have had lots of time lately so thought I'd try another scratch build. This time I may even fly it. I bought the F pack. I 3d printed the power pod with the correct thrust angle. I wasnt planning on painting until after the maiden but high winds and wet weather ruined my plans. So next clear day I get we'll see if I can destroy this. :ROFLMAO: View attachment 186445
I have built both the se5 and the d1 neither one will fly. You said your pod had THE CORRECT THRUST ANGLE. I suspected this was my prblem. What is your angle? I'm building another from downloaded plans. Hope to have better luck.

Avid1981

I have built both the se5 and the d1 neither one will fly. You said your pod had THE CORRECT THRUST ANGLE. I suspected this was my prblem. What is your angle? I'm building another from downloaded plans. Hope to have better luck.
I used these files from thingiverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3024500

it looks like its a 3 degree right angle.

It flew pretty good. Just my lack of experience and long grass resulted in a cartwheel. Back to the builder board. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20201218_180253.jpg
    20201218_180253.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0