Naze32 Rev6 Problem

chrish97

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6aO_4QCDsQ&t=9s

The video explains my problem. I've searched all over the interwebs and my board is supposedly bricked. I've tried soldering the boot pads so that they short out and after i did that, i tried flashing (erasing old firmware) the board with the updated cleanflight firmware, but i still get "no response from bootloader".

I've also tried using STM32 to flash new firmware, but that also says "no response from the target, the bootloader can not be started"

And yes my PC does read my USB connection, i have checked device manager.

Please help!!

THanks

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
You soldered the boot pads? I usually just use a paperclip to short them.

I'd clear the solder and try the paperclip. :)

chrish97

I also tried that before i soldered the pads, that also gave no response from bootloader programming failed.
Thanks for you reply

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
If the Naze fails to respond with the boot pads shorted, I think your board is bricked. :(

There are a few guys on here with the type of skill and knowledge to maybe fix the issue, but at < $30 I would order a new one. If you can fix this one great, but by the time you get it back, I think you will have lost weeks.

The goodside of the Naze is that it's so cheap. The occasional downside of the Naze is that it's so cheap...

chrish97

Yeh i figured it would be bricked and ive watched countless videos on how to unbrick it, but none of them seemed to work.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
What exactly have you tried? I would see if I can't find the Cleanflight Naze32 boot loader HEX file, and then burn it to the chip a programmer socket- or using a normal programmer (but you'd need to find the pinout).

Unfortunately, there aren't any tool sticks for LQFP48 chips, or at least not that i've seen. Then you'd at least not have to rework the STM32F.

chrish97

I've tried opening the port using the hercules software, then soon after loaded up the STM32 flash loader to try flash the board, but that didnt work cause it said something about the bootpins not being loaded. I've also tried shorting the pins and flashing the firmware on cleanflight itself but that didnt work either.

im fairly new to the fpv racing drone community so some of the more complex stuff you are talking about is clueless to me

TheMoonDr

Try this, Solder the bootpads (Use a signal wire/ + or gnd from a esc or servo), then open clean flight and select the latest firmware version. Make sure the tab that says for it NOT to restart after the flash is in the right position. You do not want it to restart while you have the boot pads soldered. Also make sure the do you clean firmware load (wipes out the old and installs the new). That should fix it. Do not use a paper clip or some other way of trying to hold a metal wire of whatever on the pads. This can often not make the contact that is really neaded in order for this to work. You MUST solder. Also I dont know how new you are, but you will not click the connect before doing the flash. As long as you plug it in and the computer makes the chime so to speak, it's will get a com port. So just to highlight,

1) Solder bootpads
2) Open Clean Flight
3) Plug in flight controller
4) Make sure "No Reboot Sequence" and "Full Chip Erase" Tabs are selected and showing green
5) Make sure you select the "Naze" under your board selection, and v1.14.2 for you firmware version ( v1.11.0 is also a good choice)
6) Click "Load Firmware Online"
7) Click "Flash Firmware"

That should unbrick it for you. Again I cant stress enough to SOLDER a wire to the boot pads Vr just touching something metal to them.

If that doesnt work follow this link, and get a new Naze 32 Rev6 flight controler. $10.20...Dont buy from flight test, anybody that spends $30 for a FC is not using their head.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/162178362771?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
Good Luck and Happy Flying

Last edited:

HowItEnds

I'm building my first quad. I just received a pre-soldered Acro Naze32 from ebay and I'm having this same problem. Is my FC fried? I soldered the boot pads together, loaded the latest naze firmware, and still get the bootloader error. The blue led is solid, and I'm pretty sure my Mac recognizes a USB device is being plugged in because, it does attempt to "flash on connect."

Any help would be awesome!!

YAMA

Pro Prop Annihilator
im having a similar issue with my F3 evo on my tiny woop. i would double check and see if your drivers are installed properly. CP210s STM uSB and zadig. all the links are in cleanflight and betaflight when you launch them. that was the only way that i could at least flash the firmware. still cant access any settings.

HowItEnds

im having a similar issue with my F3 evo on my tiny woop. i would double check and see if your drivers are installed properly. CP210s STM uSB and zadig. all the links are in cleanflight and betaflight when you launch them. that was the only way that i could at least flash the firmware. still cant access any settings.

Thank you for replying! I'm on a Mac, OS10.6.8, and from what I've read I just need CP210. I've got that installed for 10.6.8. I've got a Graupner MZ-12/GR-18 combo on the way, which will get me in the air at least, but I'd obviously love to use a working Naze32 in the future. I'd be willing to send it to someone if they were up to trying to flash it on their system, to see if it's something on my end.