NeatFair, Anyone?

earthsciteach

Are any FT forum members planning on attending NeatFair in NY state over the weekend of Sept, 13, 14, 15? According to FT's fb page, Chad and the crew will be there. I'm going to try to make it up, if not for the weekend, at least for the day.

www.neatfair.org

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Slightly off topic but It is my opinion that Chad and the Guy's neglect the forum and its members in favor of the social media sites!

Thurmond

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Other than "Ask Chad", and starting the episode threads, I don't think they've ever been much more than lurkers. Does seem odd how they went from talking up the forum to talking up the *name-your-trendy-service-here*, but we've still got a nice place to chat, and new folks are dropping by regularly.

Personally, not so sure about the "community" over on FB, though. They post and then a stream of likes and comments appear. Maybe I don't have the patience to wade though dozens of "cool post" comments. For all I know, there might be good back-and-forth in that . . .

(to weakly claim on-topic) Good for you guys! I know the airshow episodes don't get the ratings, but they get some of the neatest (no pun intended) interviews! These fly-ins are also one of the best things we do in this hobby -- hang out, show off, and fly! Perfect place for youse guys to start some awesome ideas for future shows!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Slightly off topic but It is my opinion that Chad and the Guy's neglect the forum and its members in favor of the social media sites!

Thurmond

I agree, I find their lack of joining in insulting. Between working full time jobs, filming flight test, monitoring FB, running the store side of FT, cutting kits, and building their new location, they should have more than enough spare time to both visit with their families, AND post on the forums... ;)

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Other than "Ask Chad", and starting the episode threads, I don't think they've ever been much more than lurkers. Does seem odd how they went from talking up the forum to talking up the *name-your-trendy-service-here*, but we've still got a nice place to chat, and new folks are dropping by regularly.

Personally, not so sure about the "community" over on FB, though. They post and then a stream of likes and comments appear. Maybe I don't have the patience to wade though dozens of "cool post" comments. For all I know, there might be good back-and-forth in that . . .

(to weakly claim on-topic) Good for you guys! I know the airshow episodes don't get the ratings, but they get some of the neatest (no pun intended) interviews! These fly-ins are also one of the best things we do in this hobby -- hang out, show off, and fly! Perfect place for youse guys to start some awesome ideas for future shows!
I seem to live off topic so...
I just look at it this way, we take care of the forum and leave all the social sites to the crew. I don't mind being left to our own devices as there are a lot of great people here. I really am not much for most social media, mainly due to the fact that I don't care where "Joe had lunch today", which seems to be the average depth of most posts on FB or twitter. Besides, trying to keep up with all of that stuff would cost me flying time and forum time here.

Going to take a cue from The Dan Man,
I too like the fly-in episodes since I can never seem to make a fly-in in person...

I'll be in attendance late that Friday night through Sunday. Check with the Bergen County Silent Flyers crew they'll know where I am. I'll be looking for the guys as I gt time, stop in to the BCSF big top tent her show center.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
i want to go but im in Arizona and the neat fair is in the Catskills mountains NY that's a long way can some one get the FT crews autograph and send it to me they dont come to AZ

earthsciteach

I won't be attending Neat Fair this year, but its for a good reason! My son received a kidney transplant, yesterday. Hope you guys have great weather (looking good, so far) and have a great time.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I won't be attending Neat Fair this year, but its for a good reason! My son received a kidney transplant, yesterday. Hope you guys have great weather (looking good, so far) and have a great time.

The lengths your family goes to keep you from flying is *amazing*!

Good news for your son! Still praying for a quick recovery.