NeatFair, Anyone?

baronbernie

Pat, glad to hear Sean is doing so well, you made the right decision by remaining home. Sean will remember this and love you much more for the sacrafice you've made for hm. There is always next year for NEAT.

NEAT Fair was a blast in terms of meeting the guys and getting their signatures on my Bloody Wonder and hanging out with other pilots. I flew like hell and accidentally broke a guy's plane (moped about it the rest of the weekend, felt really badly). The wooded hillside backdrop of NEAT takes a lot of getting used to.

The energy they give off in their videos comes across in person as well, and they're madmen when flying, full contact combat between spitfires and racers chasing a glider piloted by David. David did a yeoman's job keeping a glider out of the pond with the anhedral in one wing completely broken out and flapping like a crippled seagull. The lads have skillz.

tyoho

NEAT was awesome

[/QUOTE]

The energy they give off in their videos comes across in person as well, and they're madmen when flying, full contact combat between spitfires and racers chasing a glider piloted by David. David did a yeoman's job keeping a glider out of the pond with the anhedral in one wing completely broken out and flapping like a crippled seagull. The lads have skillz.[/QUOTE]

I was there and felt the same way, they are down to earth and exuberant. It was a riot watching them on the flight line.
Did you see David doing donuts on the ground with the FT Cruiser?
Then they did the glider tow with the glowing twin powered giant versa wing and some how glider, FT spitfire combat ensued. Hilarious!!
I was surprised how well that DTF glider was doing, until the spitfire busted his wing that is.
Again, hilarious.
I did see someone flying a bloody wonder that must have been you. Sorry you had a mishap that put a damper on your day.
I didn't fly (not confident enough yet) but If I can make it next year I'll be one of the FT spitfires in the mass launch!!
Here's my video of Saturdays Mass Warbird Launch.

Will have to get a pic of the signed BW. I had meant to get a pic of myself and Josh and David, but they had a crush of people around them and I had already monopolized their time enough.

Had planned to have Josh fly the BW once I finished getting it dialed in (it's also a night flyer) but it turns out I have a twist in the wing, which is in large part why it flew like hell, so I didn't go back to have Josh fly it.

Tyoho if it was a white BW with purple stripes and black tail fins, that one was mine. Third or 4th one I've built, first one I had major trouble with. If I can't correct the bend in the wing it'll become a wall mount item for the signatures.

The breaking of another pilot's plane was standing near the flight line he had just bought it from the swap auction, I was showing him some things about that plane and the collet came off in my hand and the plane fell and broke. Felt awful. Was putting it together and gluing, he said he didn't want it, so I paid his original cost plus $20. Still feel terrible about it. If I get it fixed and flying maybe I'll see him at another event and give him the option.

Had a lot of fun at NEAT, it's at least as much a social event as a flying event for me, and the depth along the vendor line is pretty good too. Pity Luke's was out of 4s Glacier packs, that was on my list.

Flynn

It was great to me you BrownEyedFool. Your BW looked awesome with the LEDs inside. I got some pics to post if I EVER get a free moment. I'll see if I can do it tonight. A couple of guys walked up with planes for Josh and Dave to sign, they also had some nice stuff.

I gave Josh and Dave their own pair of 6" diagonal cutter. I had one for Chad too, told Josh to give it to him. I thought it would be funny cause David and Josh in the videos talk about how they're not supposed to use the "blue" ones that are Chad's. I got to hold the FPV tricopter that David uses, freakin' amazing simplistic design. I talked with Alex also, great guy. All the guys were great to talk with.

Flynn

IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1274.JPG IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1287.JPG

I had a better time in the tent then at the flight line. Looking forward to the next open house!