Need advice about ft versa wing C/G / weight

TylerStaudigel

Everything must come down
I just finished my very first scratch build and am having a problem with the center of gravity. While using the beef power pack I had to add two nano tech 2200's in the nose to balance it out. Will the wing still fly with that much weight.

Hookdriver

Professional Foam Smasher
Yep it will....but you will it will fly fast. Mine is heavy and I put a 9x6 electric prop on mine. It is fast, controllable, but fast. Dial back your expos until you are comfortable with it. Give yourself plenty of room on the approach because this thing doesn't like to bleed off speed and it loves to glide.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I had been flying my VersaWing with a 2200mAh and about 110g of coins in the nose. I took about 60g off when I added FPV gear, but still needed the weight. It flew great until I landed in a tree. The wind brought it down, but the nose is crumpled and the motor mount ripped the foam it was glued to clean off. I was planning to fix it until I saw the updated flitetest video on building a flatnosed version with more space for the bigger batteries and FPV gear.

I will mostly use that storage space for batteries and camera, as I plan to keep with the RX and VTX mounted on different wing halves.

If this is your first wing, the launch can be a little tricky. I use the overhead throw where I hold it near the tip of the nose, and launch it at 75% throttle, extending my left arm from the back and releasing as I reach the vertical plane.