Need help with my FPV quadcopter

rom

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with some issues, it would be great if you could, Thanks!
Issue1- Wenever I connect my drone to beteflight and click connect, it says, "Unable to open cereal port"
Issue2- Im able to connect my controller to by drone, and whenever I plug it in it makes the beep sounds, but I just cant get any of the motors to spin. Even at full throttle it wont move.
Issue3- Im not sure if this is normal or not but my VTX gets so hot to the point where cant touch it within minutes of having it on.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with some issues, it would be great if you could, Thanks!
Issue1- Wenever I connect my drone to beteflight and click connect, it says, "Unable to open cereal port"
Issue2- Im able to connect my controller to by drone, and whenever I plug it in it makes the beep sounds, but I just cant get any of the motors to spin. Even at full throttle it wont move.
Issue3- Im not sure if this is normal or not but my VTX gets so hot to the point where cant touch it within minutes of having it on.

Have you installed the drivers listed on the Betaflight welcome tab?

Since you haven't connected to Betaflight yet, I assume you haven't set up an arming switch, we'll get there...

Is the antenna installed on the VTx? Never power a VTx without the antenna. Even with it installed they can get pretty hot on the bench running at high power, best to set that as low as possible, and only plug in the battery when you need to.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
1 - are there other serial ports available to pick from? What OS are you on? you might need a driver.
2 - some drones won't arm unless they are first level, if the accelerometer things it is upside down or tilted, it won't arm. (would be my first thought).
3 - if your talking about the video transmitter on the drone, that doesn't sound good, I would make sure you have the correct voltage being applied, set the transmitter to the lowest power level, check to see if your getting a video feed/etc. but I would check the voltages and turn the power down first. Electronics can get hot, but so hot that you can't touch sounds like an issue.

[looks like ElectricSean wrote basically the same thing while I was typing]

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Hot VTX is is the power level set way too high. They never like being switched on on the bench as there’s zero cooling.
The second problem is arming related. Watch this and work through it, but you will need to run driver fixers on your PC first to get it to connect to Betaflight.