need help with wiring servos to receiver, weight and 4cell into a 3cell battery

imjeffd

so i finely got my parts in from hobby king never ordering from them again it took like 3 1/2 months for my parts to get to me anyway i added some photo's of my plain and of the chart that came with the motor first question how can i tell witch way to connect the servos to the receiver is the brown wire all was negative now for the weight question it's a baby blender the body with servos weighs 370g and the battery is 132g and the power pod weighs 154 total of 656g i have a turnigy aerodrive d2830/11 and a 8/4 prop i don't think it will fly it's just going to be to fat the landing gear will be crushed under that weight by the way i used a paint can handle for the landing rod the battery is a 4s but it came with the second cell shorted (thanks hobby king) so i was thinking that i could take and connect the + of the first cell and connect it to the second cells + and make a 3s battery and change the charging plug on it

Attachments

• IMAG0393.jpg
    IMAG0393.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0395.jpg
    IMAG0395.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0396.jpg
    IMAG0396.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0397.jpg
    IMAG0397.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0398.jpg
    IMAG0398.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Kenbow

Brown is negative. Why carry the weight of a dead cell 4s? Do NOT order from the international HK warehouse unless you are in no hurry, my orders from East and West usually only take a few days.

imjeffd

are you suggesting i take the battery apart and remove the bad cell or that i should just get a new battery

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
If you don't know what you're doing, don't open the Lipo pack. It's far too easy to nick one of the foil packed cells with a metal knife, short it out and turn it into a nasty smoky mess (assuming it doesn't flame up in the process).

Looking at your specs, I don't see why this won't fly. Your plane has plenty of power, even with the heavier 4S pack, and should have plenty of lift. 665g really isn't that heavy, especially for that motor.

Are you *sure* the cell is shorted? is the overall pack voltage ~12v or ~15v?

One of your wires on your balance connector might be soldered to the wrong place . . . but either way, get a different pack. I wouldn't trust it. No telling what else is wrong with it.

For that plane, 3S should fly well, but get a longer prop (because the voltage is lower). On 3S, either a low pitch 10" prop (like a 10x4.5)or a high pitch 9" prop (like a 9x6) should work.

One thing to keep in mind . . . the Baby Blender isn't a very friendly plane for a new pilot. if you've got the experience, have fun, but be ready for it's short-coupled behaviors. If not . . . perhaps you should look at something a bit more friendly to start flying with first, and come back to the blender when you've got the controls and reaction time down.