Need lw-pla Cura profile

Froedaddy

Does anyone out there have an easy printing profile for lw-pla using Cura ,,?? that a noob, like myself, will be able to program and understand thanks in advance

NickRehm

Take a default pla profile that works for you. Change flow to ~47%. Hotend temp to 245C, bed to 45C. Z-layer height 0.35-0.4mm--you'll need to tweak this to your liking. That's about it to get started. There's always going to be room for improvement, but that will take some experimentation on your part

Froedaddy

Take a default pla profile that works for you. Change flow to ~47%. Hotend temp to 245C, bed to 45C. Z-layer height 0.35-0.4mm--you'll need to tweak this to your liking. That's about it to get started. There's always going to be room for improvement, but that will take some experimentation on your part
Thank you very much. I’ll be using that as a base and definitely going from there. Your help is much appreciated.

Froedaddy

One thing I forgot is to bring the extruder fan down to about ~50%. I don't know why, but that's what everyone else seems to recommend and its working for me
Perfect I will do thank you again I can never get any kind of straightforward advice. I’m learning I’m getting there. I’m pretty decent at setting up for anything else but my main reason for getting the printer was for planes. And lw-pla ,,,, I’m sure what I need to do is just mess with it more but there’s a few times that I’ve done things and it was frustrating and I’m not ready to give up. Thanks again.

NickRehm

No problem! Here's a test print you can practice on that I was using to dial in my settings very recently. What you're looking for when you slice it is a single layer path with no retractions (in the case of this part, it's meant to be two layers thick, but still one single continuous line). You'll notice the very tiny cut down the trailing edge that forces this slicing behavior.

If you can get the final part weight down to ~16g by tweaking the flow (correct for over/under extrusion in conjunction with layer height), hotend temp (increase to increase foaming and lessen density, up a certain point), and layer-height, you're in a good position to start trying out other 3d printed planes

Attachments

• wing_LWPLA_R_inner.STL
    76.4 KB · Views: 0