Problems in printing first layer using Colorfabb LW-PLA

lovetofly2

Hello, I can do first layer calibration using PLA and PETG on my Prusa i3MK3S+ well. However, when using the Colorfabb LW-PLA, the filament does not stick to the PEI sheet during the actual print. I have cleaned the PEI sheet and performed Z calibration many times but during printing of the first layer, either the filament did not stick to the PEI sheet or part of the first layer surfaces appeared to be scratched with holes and bits sticking up from the PEI sheet. Tried bed temperatures 50, 55, 60, 65C but issues remain. What is wrong?

jpot1

Elite member
Hello, I can do first layer calibration using PLA and PETG on my Prusa i3MK3S+ well. However, when using the Colorfabb LW-PLA, the filament does not stick to the PEI sheet during the actual print. I have cleaned the PEI sheet and performed Z calibration many times but during printing of the first layer, either the filament did not stick to the PEI sheet or part of the first layer surfaces appeared to be scratched with holes and bits sticking up from the PEI sheet. Tried bed temperatures 50, 55, 60, 65C but issues remain. What is wrong?
What flow rate and speed are you using?

lovetofly2

I tried flow rates 0.5, 0.6 and 0.7. As for the speed, there are too many speed settings in Prusa Slicer. Not really sure which one to change and to what values. I just used the default ones with Perimeters 45 mm/s and Small perimeters as well as External perimeters 25 mm/s. What is the proper speed settings?

jpot1

Elite member
Assuming you are printing single wall plane parts I use 53% flow with 15mm/s first layer speed and have great results. Also 0.25 layer height.