Spitfire76's Build Log of 3dLabPrint's Piper J3 Cub

Spitfire76

Hey! Brand new to printing rc planes (but not printing in general). I have a X1C - would you be able to share the bambu labs slicer presets to save some time? Have you flown it yet? I was thinking of ordering some of bambu’s aero filament to do this.

Thanks!
I am trying to work out the best way to share pre-sets without actually sharing the STLs which would be the case if I simply posted a 3mf project file.

I also was considering getting some Bambu Lab's Aero filament but since 3dlabprint's Pollylight 1.0 active foaming LW-PLA is now available in the US I will get it from Lee.

Previously it was only available direct from 3dLabPrint located in the Czech Republic so the shipping cost was high.

I used the Cub yellow as it saved me having to paint.

No, still have not flown it

Last edited:

Jester9092

I am trying to work out the best way to share pre-sets without actually sharing the STLs which would be the case if I simply posted a 3mf project file.

I also was considering getting some Bambu Lab's Aero filament but since 3dlabprint's Pollylight 1.0 active foaming LW-PLA is now available in the US I will get it from Lee.

Previously it was only available direct from 3dLabPrint located in the Czech Republic so the shipping cost was high.

I used the Cub yellow as it saved me having to paint.

No, still have not flown it

Would it be appropriate to use a not the whole plane, but a few parts from the Piper in your 3mf projects that you would share? Since it's a free model, I would think that 3dLabPrint wouldn't mind. Maybe a 3mf of a thin walled wing section and one with a section of the fuselage. That would probably be enough to make sure the model would print.

Spitfire76

Would it be appropriate to use a not the whole plane, but a few parts from the Piper in your 3mf projects that you would share? Since it's a free model, I would think that 3dLabPrint wouldn't mind. Maybe a 3mf of a thin walled wing section and one with a section of the fuselage. That would probably be enough to make sure the model would print.
3dlabprint just published these settings for Bambu printers which are really close to the ones that I was using.

Spitfire76

Thanks for that link. I guess I know what I'll be working on this weekend. Hopefully, I can get a decent print out of it.

Regards.
Just load the non spiral-vase profile for the LW PLA into Bambu Studio. You can of course replace the part with a part from the Cub. Also most Cub parts have height modifiers so you will need to match in Bambu Studio for what is set in Prusa slicer for each part.

Jester9092

Just load the non spiral-vase profile for the LW PLA into Bambu Studio. You can of course replace the part with a part from the Cub. Also most Cub parts have height modifiers so you will need to match in Bambu Studio for what is set in Prusa slicer for each part.
I meant to get back to this thread before now. The information from 3dfLabPrint was perfect. The only thing I did to change their settings was increase the flow rate from .5 to .6. At least on my printer, the prints were coming out too light (and probably a bit more fragile) at .5, but at .6, the prints match the specified weights for each part almost exactly. Thanks for the help.