Need plans for a mini 4 channel for small area flying (still a novice!)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Can't lie - kinda jealous! I wish I'd have been into planes when we bought the house so long ago! (My model trains were many-a-tour topic of frustration for my wife when we were looking for a bigger house for our growing family!) Our space lends to the factory micros well once comfortable. I've flown a mini scout 3 channel (RET) in the yard until it met my patio wall:ROFLMAO: I've built two, my 15 year old is on his third, modified with a longer wing set on top with rubber bands.... that design is what I've got going now for the 10 and 8 year olds (and, of course, one for myself). That and a full sized scout for the flight field. I need to fly (and crash) more as I'm amassing quite the variety of planes! :D I've run out of electronics and don't want to buy any more, but with four pilots in the house trips to the flight field have a mountain of FT style planes packed in;):):ROFLMAO::LOL:

That's awesome you do get to a flying field every once in awhile. I use my back yard just because i would be to lazy to drive for two minutes to go to a 12 acre green space or a farmers field lol

bwarz

Master member
I know the shrubsmacker by @Grifflyer was build for slow flying, but I had it up this weekend and it seemed quite zippy and not wanting to fly slow. Although I wasn't using the flaps....(first time I tried it didn't go well 😬🙄) I actually brought it home in one piece though, so that was cool... I think I need to just try and not worry so much!

flyranger

If you can afford it, get the FT-EZ. Or banggoods C-17. It will provide a good learning. It is forgiving and allows you to do us on mostly 1 channel. For a long time. About 18 mins. Plenty of time to get the hang of things

If you have the A-pack. Power system, then print you out the an FT speedster. And make and extra wing to build it as a bi-plane. It is slow agile and durable. So is the mini scout. If you can find @jpot1 mad the synergy that is interesting but somewhat docile. Or the old fogey. If you print it at 50% I bet it will be a gentle flyer.
At that size use paperclips for pushrods.
I took a P-38 shrunk to fit 8.5*11 sheets and made it from foam plates with the EZ engine. Or @nerdnic did a great job on a micro tiger moth.
My Old Speedster

Attachments

• 20210820_172155.jpg
    20210820_172155.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0