Nemeth Parasol circular wing plane

leaded50

Legendary member
what sthe point of the circle wing
who knows..... its an idea some inventors had in late 20´s - 40s´s . I havent found any good reason, perhaps better lift??
The thing known is that better floating , near a parachute in landing. Characteristics by take-off and landing is noted as points.

I hvent researched it much either, just found the type "fantastic unique" as reason to build one. If is good, (or not) flying i will find out. in worst case, its just remove the circular wing and put on a more normal wing(wings), as here the Alliance Argo biplane (who it orginally was, before extended and put the circular wing on)

JetCrafts

who knows..... its an idea some inventors had in late 20´s - 40s´s . I havent found any good reason, perhaps better lift??
The thing known is that better floating , near a parachute in landing. Characteristics by take-off and landing is noted as points.

I hvent researched it much either, just found the type "fantastic unique" as reason to build one. If is good, (or not) flying i will find out. in worst case, its just remove the circular wing and put on a more normal wing(wings), as here the Alliance Argo biplane (who it orginally was, before extended and put the circular wing on)
k k

leaded50

Legendary member
"aahhrg" 700mm rounding to shape a little, wasnt the smallest task...

Started with on V-cutout..
DSC_1129.JPG

at underside. (fully to rear its a flap):
DSC_1130.JPG

profile...
DSC_1131.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
plane is done. Everything ready for testings... but not in this gusting wind today :cautious:
Glidetest done with very good floating capabilitys.
A 2200mAh battery to front gave perfect cg balance. If made the printed motor a bit bigger/more cyl... it will fit with even bigger batterys without extra weighting up front.
Only place that got some "groundwork" before paint is top of wing. That "big" golden shiny dish was saned a little on edges and smoothed with superlight wall filler + sanding at front where the cut for profileshaping was done. The way bottom of wing is done with just extra foamboard at center in a shallow angle, and just the top one layer at sides seems like give extra stability as wished by a dihedral style.

DSC_1136b.png
DSC_1138b.png

laying on side was easier to show more...
DSC_1139.JPG

Last edited:

zenith.hjx

Beautiful plane and did you success?
I just made one ,very nice High Alpha performance and very floating! However in cruise flight, it tends to dutch roll when you make turn by rudder.The best way to fly it is let it flying by itself ,and use trim to maintain a constant turn.
Here is my video:
and hope to see yours flying

Last edited:

Piotrsko

Master member
At high incidence and large diameter (>than 30") my pizza pan experiment didn't dutch roll on the slow stick fuselage it was mounted on. Pretty normal flight characteristics except for wicked stall, expected from a flat airfoil.