nerdnic retires

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
FT community,

This was a hard decision for me to make but I’ll cut right to it – this will be my last post on the FT forums. As of today I throw in my hat and step away from the RC hobby completely. I have lost my passion.

The last year was a wild ride and I enjoyed getting to know each of you. This community was amazing and it was a pleasure making planes for you all. My desire to create the highest quality content I possibly could was ultimately my downfall. I simply put too much work into each project. Too much time. Too much money. By the time I got close to the end of any project, I started to dread it. This killed my motivation and then guilt set in knowing that everyone was looking forward to its completion. The community’s view of me created an image of myself that I couldn't live up to.

Goodbye dear friends.

Last edited:

degriz

Good luck on your next endevors, if you put half as much into it, as you did here you will become highly successful no matter the project or career path you choose.

When a hobby or passion no longer becomes fun, and more like a job it's time.

Don't be surprised if you find yourself back in the hobby 25 years from now, like myself and im sure many others here did.

Best of Luck, Lou Hauburger

Last edited:

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Bahahaha april fools! Bro you know you love this hobby to much to walk away. And if it was or is true let me know so i can get the first flight to come choke you to death haha. But anyway if it was we all respect your choice and would absolutely miss you around here man

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Maybe we could take up a collection and buy him a new Avatar...... (c8

Best regards,
PCH

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Good Ridda . . . wait, what?

Oh! ha ha. I'm, um, glad you're sticking around!

Happy April Fools Nic ;)

iwlf

I, for one, won't miss him. Now I'll have some time for other activities. Won't have to obsess over making that speed wing "perfect". Fewer hot glue burns. It's a win-win!

btw, what's the next project, hmm?

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
Yep. This one here, on my cigar forum someone is "selling their entire collection" on one of my gun forums someone will inevitably "be selling all their guns"

You gotta love the classics.

abieex

Mentor
Forgot about April Fools Day. Excuse me while I change my shirt, it seems I spit my coffee down the front of it!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
One less Bloody Baron to build. Oh...wait...never mind.

See you at Flite Fest nic. :p

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
A SAD DAY FOR THE FT FAMILY
Hey guys i hate to break it to you but i just had a good long talk with nic. And this happens to be no joke at all what so ever. To keep it short nic is having family issues and the hobby was the big part of it... The man hates to go but its for his family and there more important. So the man is truly done here guys im sorry. Maybe one day again he said but as of now its over. He'll be emailing me all the notes and final plans for the p38. So ill be releasing it in his name(so work with me guys and we can make it in his memory) so this is his real goodbye guys. He will be missed in this family
Screenshot_2015-04-01-12-53-47-1.png
Short pic to show its no joke. Sorry guys