New and wanting to get into quads

Bricks

Master member
Liftoff - $20 via Steam. Quality simulator.

. Figure in what happens if you deep six a Tiny Whoop in a toilet or other body of water. Don't laugh; I've come around a corner indoors only to have it fly out of control and rimshot right in off the back of the toilet lid, into the Ty-D-Bowl. Water and flight controllers do NOT mix.

Didn`t your mother ever teach to keep the lid down, my mother did and still after 67 years I still put the lid down....LMAO

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Liftoff - $20 via Steam. Quality simulator.

Motors from NewBeeDrone - $10.

And you're figuring on just motors being replaced. Figure in what happens if you deep six a Tiny Whoop in a toilet or other body of water. Don't laugh; I've come around a corner indoors only to have it fly out of control and rimshot right in off the back of the toilet lid, into the Ty-D-Bowl. Water and flight controllers do NOT mix.

So, new FC?

BeeBrain v2 - $59.99
Inductrix - $35
BetaFPV F3 - $45

I'd say that the simulator is still cheaper than a new FC...Again, they may not be "perfect", but they've gotten pretty good. And if you don't like Liftoff, there's Velocidrone, FPV Freerider, DRL Racing, all ranging from $5-25.

Thats kind of a rare thing though that can be easily prevented.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Didn`t your mother ever teach to keep the lid down, my mother did and still after 67 years I still put the lid down....LMAO

I live in a house of heathens - not to mention a dog that has figured out how to lift the lid when she's out of water in her bowl. LOL

PilotInTraining

Yes! I am getting into FPV too and this drone is great! You may want to buy more 1s batteries because one battery only gives you around 6 minutes of flight in my experience. Other than that, it comes with everything you need! If you are buying it from FT store, select the option on the right side that says the battery type because otherwise it will not come with a battery.

Bricks

Master member
Would you suggest flying inductrix fpv on Acro modes inside too

Once you are used to the Inductrix acro is not a problem, it will not do everything a good quad will do it just does not have the power. I fly the heck out of mine in the winter, I have about 20 batteries for it just to keep up.

skymaster

Elite member
Hello everyone. If you are a new to flying a quad i would suggest i little of both things that everyone is telling you. i am not too into quads yet but i do have a mini quad like the whoop, the sims are nice but the real thing is more fun. but when you are flying the real thing you will find that flying a quad requires a little way more safety not only for yourself but for others. i can tell you that when i was learning to fly my mini quad i had to duk and dodge the thing got hit a couple of times, this happening when coming at me cause of the inverted controls. so listen to all the advice and take safety serious wear protective glasses. have fun