New Build: FlexRC Pico-X running dRonin on Piko-BLX

LitterBug

Techno Nut
This small it's all about FPV. :)

Not going to disagree with that @CR. It's all about FPV regardless of size for me. It is good to work on LOS skills too. Especially when working with unproven alpha releases of firmware. :cool:

On another note... Hangin on by a thread is not such a good thing.
1thread.jpg

Going to revisit the prop hardware and hope the bell of the motor this popped off isn't badly damaged. Looking for 1mm longer screws...

Cheers!
LitterBug

Airkaos

The rotorx 2535 come with good size screws, they are a little longer to acomodate their hub. If you have used those props you probably have some of their screws laying around.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The rotorx 2535 come with good size screws, they are a little longer to acomodate their hub. If you have used those props you probably have some of their screws laying around.

Yeah, those are the props I used. Cleaned my build space up last week and may have mixed up the hardware. Have another unopened set that should have the correct hardware.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Going to be trying out some DYS 2030 props. Perfect fit with no trimming. Double checked screw length this time and it's a perfect fit there too. Pretty close to final form. Just need to wire up the AIO FPV, Fasten it to the mount, and find a good spot for the RX.
AlmostComplete.jpg

Looks tiny next to the 6" props on the Krieger 225....

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yes, it is about the FPV. Unfortunately knocked a cap off my 4in1 esc and the V is pretty bad. Got my FPV maidens in over the weekend. Here's a clip of an indoor and outdoor maiden.

Picked up a hot air rework station. Going to practice on some old junk boards then fix my 4in1. While I'm at it, going to add a micro-minimOSD.

Cheers!
LitterBug.

EDIT: Fixed Audio

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Did get back on fixing this puppy up last night. Psyborg's vid of his Gremlin got me thinking about my pico build. Resoldered the Cloverleaf on the AIO VTX/CAM and hooked the AIO up to the Filtered power instead of direct to battery trying to alleviate the bad VTX interference seen in the video above. Have not completely fixed or replaced the 4in1 ESC so only a FPV test flight will tell if it will be flyable without complete dissection. If I do swap out the ESC, I'll swap the 1103 10,000kv motors for some 1104 6500 or 4000kv motors at the same time.

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Got the Pico-X out to the field last night for some testing after fixing up the Cloverleaf and changing the Power source. Still too much noise on the screen to fly. Going to swap out the 4in1 since I know it got damaged during initial assembly. Knocked one of the capacitors off that was right up against the mounting hole... BAH!

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Good thing about rainy weather today is I got to knock out a few things that have been stalled out. Completely stripped down the Pico-X to nothing. Swapped the 10,000kv motors for a set of 4000kv and started the process rolling to building a FC stack without knocking CAPs off the 4in1.
ReworkStarted.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How do you keep track of all these builds and their conditions and needs? Do you keep log books on all of them? I know I have to write things down being old and senile but yer a youngun still. ;)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
How do you keep track of all these builds and their conditions and needs? Do you keep log books on all of them? I know I have to write things down being old and senile but yer a youngun still. ;)

PB,
As a full blown addict, both building and flying, I have no idea what is going on or how many are coming and going. Right now the pile of half builts, and need work is overflowing. Half the time I refer back to the build posts I've put up here to jog my memory. So I guess technically the Flite Test Forums are my log books! That and I have a directory on my computer with a folder for each build. Under that, Pics, configs, sometimes firmware, etc....

Born not long after Apollo 1. Remember fondly getting up to watch the moon shots and landings, but I'm still 12.... So we are probably pretty close in age... you are what 12, 13??? :cool:

Cheers!
LitterBug

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Same here with the logs. I often refer to my own build logs here on the forums to remind me where I am.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Yep, if FT ever starts pruning old posts I'm going to be up that famous creek without a paddle :) I refer back to old posts and threads all the time to remember what I did, how I did it and sometimes even luck out and figure out why I did it :D

I've actually had that happen in the past. Before I got back into RC I spent most of my time and money on my sandrail and Manx dune buggy, and maintained threads on a couple of forums (a few of which I was a moderator on) tracking what I did to maintain and upgrade them. Then one day the admin on one of those forums decided to prune old posts just because they were old. They had plenty of space on the server and no need to prune them - he just had the mindset of "if it's older than a year why keep it around" :black_eyed: End result of that was the org that ran the site recruited me to come in as the new admin and restore the old posts from backups and take over. Still lost some data but for a week there I was in full on panic mode along with a lot of other forum members who were doing the same thing!