New guy!

Rhinopilot

Stopped by Flitefest Wednesday. I have been waiting for a year, hoping work travel would allow a visit, ( I drive a pilot car for oversize loads).
Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for Flitefest. I will be there next year.
I got to meet Josh. Even with his busy schedule, he took the time to say hello, and talk. He is even nicer in person.
I was so excited, that even after driving all day, when I got home, I dove into my Mighty mini scout I got at Edgewater. Got it done tonight.
It's a little rough. I haven't built a plane in 30 years. But she maidens tomorrow.
So glad I found the Flitetest family!!!!
All of you have made me laugh. Educated me. And ignited my passion for a joy LONG forgotten.
God Bless. And HAPPY LANDINGS!
20220624_000442.jpg

Rhinopilot

Very nice decor! How’d you do it?
$0.69 florescent poster board and the decals in the FT speed build kit. Also, dollar tree and Amazon have a ton of custom duck tape( I like checkerboard).
Installing led black lights tonight.
She flew well.
Heavy though. I hadn't slept in a while. But I was so excited after meeting Josh I dove into it. As he says, "More glue doesn't mean more strength, just more weight.) It probably has about a pound of hot glue in it, LOL!
I started a 3 wing, just tracing the plans and it is already noticeably lighter. Amazing what a good night sleep does.

Rhinopilot

20220626_135301.jpg

$0.69 florescent poster board and the decals in the FT speed build kit. Also, dollar tree and Amazon have a ton of custom duck tape( I like checkerboard).
Installing led black lights tonight.
She flew well.
Heavy though. I hadn't slept in a while. But I was so excited after meeting Josh I dove into it. As he says, "More glue doesn't mean more strength, just more weight.) It probably has about a pound of hot glue in it, LOL!
I started a 3 wing, just tracing the plans and it is already noticeably lighter. Amazing what a good night sleep does.
Here is #2...
I took the power pod idea and made a swappable wing pod. The fuselage slides in an out so I can change wings. And it makes setting the cg a dream. Slide it, balance, and skewer it in place.