New just trying to get back in to fixedwings and also have a question involving a DX4e.

alphame

Hello to whoever may read this, I once owned a hobbyzone conscendo s that meet with an impressive demise. I just recently bought an Aero Scout and enjoy it but landed hard on the front wheel and busted the servo that is on backorder, unfortunately.

To my question, I bound my tx (Spektrum DX4e) that came with my conscendo to a yak 54 and it worked well I'm now trying to bind it back to the conscendo electronics (AR636A) so I can put them in a foam board plane I made. The trouble is the tx will not bind. I put the bind plug in the rx power it up and the orange light starts to flash quickly. At this point, I hold the bind button on the tx and turn it on, I have done this right beside it and up to about 30 feet away along with everything in between. When the tx turns on my rx flashes orange 5 or 6 times then goes out and does not come back on. And they never bind to each other. Am i missing something?

alphame

Have you taken it out away from any wifi that may be interfering with the process?
I gave this a quick try but, I was pressed for time. I will have to revisit the idea this evening.

How quickly is the light blinking?

A receiver not receiving a signal will blink 1-2 times per second. A receiver in bind mode will blink 5-6 times a second.
It is most definitely the rapid blank until I cut the transmitter on then I get five or six slow blinks followed by nothing.

Try the disarm switch. If it is armed while trying to bind could be causing the issue
There is no arm disarm switch on this transmitter all I have is a high low rate switch, the flight mode toggle switch and a bind/trainer button.

And thank you for the replies.

Timmy

Legendary member
sometimes if the throttle is trimmed up a bit or down or if the stick is not at its lowest position it might not bind. Make sure the trim for throttle is at neutral and the stick is at the lowest position. This happened to me once too.

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Ok, so I'm bored and saw this thread again and decided to do some research. I found an old thread on another rc outlet that gave the exact description you gave right down to the 5 or 6 flashes on the rx then going dark. Apparently if the power connector from the ESC to the rx is plugged in wrong reversing the poles or if it's in the wrong spot it will still light up like it is working but when a bind attempt is made or input is given it powers down. That sounds odd but it's worth looking at if it has been unplugged at some point. This thread was specific to an AR636a.

Last edited:

Timmy

Legendary member
Ok, so I'm bored and saw this thread again and decided to do some research. I found an old thread on another rc outlet that gave the exact description you gave right down to the 5 or 6 flashes on the rx then going dark. Apparently if the power connector from the ESC to the rx is plugged in wrong reversing the poles or if it's in the wrong spot it will still light up like it is working but when a bind attempt is made or input is given it powers down. That sounds odd but it's worth looking at if it has been unplugged at some point.
Good catch. Its really easy to plug anything in the wrong way, and worst of all its not very noticeable.

sumone

Hello to whoever may read this, I once owned a hobbyzone conscendo s that meet with an impressive demise. I just recently bought an Aero Scout and enjoy it but landed hard on the front wheel and busted the servo that is on backorder, unfortunately.

To my question, I bound my tx (Spektrum DX4e) that came with my conscendo to a yak 54 and it worked well I'm now trying to bind it back to the conscendo electronics (AR636A) so I can put them in a foam board plane I made. The trouble is the tx will not bind. I put the bind plug in the rx power it up and the orange light starts to flash quickly. At this point, I hold the bind button on the tx and turn it on, I have done this right beside it and up to about 30 feet away along with everything in between. When the tx turns on my rx flashes orange 5 or 6 times then goes out and does not come back on. And they never bind to each other. Am i missing something?
The Rx from the Conscendo has a built in Stabilizer Make sure the Rx Is Sitting True Flat before trying to bind. And may need to be face up or face down (Not Sure)