New Spectrum DX6i for sale, never used

Scottjd

SOLD - New Spectrum DX6i for sale, never used

SOLD
I bought this a couple years ago to do a build I never did.
I decided to go a different direction so I'm selling the Spectrum DX6i.
It does not have an receiver with it.
Since it's been sitting for a couple years and NiMH battery's have a parasitic drain to them I wouldn't trust the batteries. So you may need to buy a set of 4AA NiMH batteries. The charger is included in the box.
Asking $90 plus shipping. Sorry, US shipping only. I just don't have time to deal with international sales.
Local meet up ok of your in the Columbus Ohio area.

UPDATE: I pulled the batteries and opened them, they were down to 0.6V per cell so I don't trust to sell them with the controler. So since I have 40 AA NiMH Eneloop 1900mA batteries I will gladly throw in 4 new eneloop AA batteries.
I bought the Costco kit for the new charger and didn't really need the batteries. I had originally assumed they were NiCD AA cells, but they are NiMH cells. The eneloops will work better anyway, more capacity and won't self discharge as fast as the ones that came with it.

Thank you,
Scott

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
That's a pretty good deal. If you are on any of the Columbus FB groups, that would probably sell pretty quick. I sold my DX6i last fall without even trying. There is always a noob looking for good starting gear.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Scottjd

That's a pretty good deal. If you are on any of the Columbus FB groups, that would probably sell pretty quick. I sold my DX6i last fall without even trying. There is always a noob looking for good starting gear.

Cheers!
LitterBug

I'm not a big fan of FB, but your the second person in a short time to mention the columbus FB groups.
I should probably join them, would you happen to have the group names or URLs to these groups?

SIDE NOTE:
I didn't realize the pictures were not showing up in the post, this is now fixed.

It also turns out I was correct about the batteries, can seem to get them to hit a full charge and I'm about to give up. I did get them to charge up a little with the hobby charger and a very slow current to start. It was looking good at first but now I'm glad I decided to pull them from the box. I'll just out 4 new eneloops in the box instead like I mentioned.
Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hmmm.... the other side of me thinks that would make a good option to have for my planks. Free up memory slots in my DX8 for the multirotors..... And I'm local so no shipping. I have Eneloop blacks for it already so no worries if you want to keep yours. Those are good batts. I'll PM you on here.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Scottjd

Hmmm.... the other side of me thinks that would make a good option to have for my planks. Free up memory slots in my DX8 for the multirotors..... And I'm local so no shipping. I have Eneloop blacks for it already so no worries if you want to keep yours. Those are good batts. I'll PM you on here.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Sounds good, I'll reply with my contact information. For those following the thread I'll close it once the sale is final, for now I'll conceded it sale pending.

The eneloop blacks are good batteries, I think they are the 2500mA cells. I never bought any since mine are mostly Costco kits tha came with a charger so their all 1900/2000mA. At this point I think I have 40AA eneloops from the kits :) so I'll probably never have to buy the blacks, just change them out.

Today got me on a journey of going thought all the rechargeables and checking the voltage, topping them off, labeling the newest batch that the netter half bought me for Valentine's Day and gathered all the old Royavac IC-3 cells,for recycling.
They worked great for the 15 minute fast charge in the past, charge 24 in an hour the night before a race when I had a controller for a car that used 8AA, 4AA in one car, another controler that took another 4AA.

But now it takes the same time to top off the eneloops since they don't loose much of the charge sitting in the cabenit with the new 3 hour chargers. So I can top off 16 that have been sitting for 6 months in about 20 minutes with the four new chargers.
So it's time to recycle the Royavac IC-3 batteries.
Thanks,
Scott

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I still have some of the old Ray-O-Vac recharchable D-cell Alkaline batteries. Really need to get those to the recycler. Surprised they haven't started leaking after all these years of non-use...

I'm really looking forward to picking this DX6i up. The more I think about it, it will come in handy for Buddy-Box flying with my son, or getting help at the field with my planks. (i'm really bad at LOS planks....)

Cheers!
LitterBug