New to FPV but not drones/flying. Need help with wizard purchase.

Simcole

Hi,

I fly a phantom 4 pro for sidework and I used to fly gas powered model airplanes but would like to try some FPV goggle flying. I've settled on Wizard x220 ARF. I don't know what all spectrums are out there for these things nor do I fully understand what goggles are compatible. I don't need to go far or really race yet. I know I'll get a 4s battery.

What controller and vtx and vrx do I need to get?

I'm specifically looking at [this](https://m.banggood.com/Anniversary-...8CH-200MW-VTX-ARF-p-1179521.html?rmmds=search)
Wizard.

I might want to upgrade in the future so a cheap into is fine especially goggles but the controller might be worth spending $100 on imo.

What else is that quad missing that I need to order?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
You will need batteries and a charger, a Transmitter and receiver, and goggles + VRx. If you want to go truly cheap and are okay with upgrading in the future, go with a Flysky radio. If you don't mind spending a bit more and spending some time learning, go with a Taranis QX7. For goggles, I would recommend checking out UAVFutures on youtube, he has reviewed most of the budget goggles and some are a good deal, while some are garbage.

Simcole

You will need batteries and a charger, a Transmitter and receiver, and goggles + VRx. If you want to go truly cheap and are okay with upgrading in the future, go with a Flysky radio. If you don't mind spending a bit more and spending some time learning, go with a Taranis QX7. For goggles, I would recommend checking out UAVFutures on youtube, he has reviewed most of the budget goggles and some are a good deal, while some are garbage.

I'm still a little new so I want to make sure I get the right components. I'll get the QX7 but specifically what transmitter and receiver do I need? I'm looking for that video now on the goggles.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The transmitter is the QX7, I'd recommend an XSR or X4R-SB receiver. The Wizard comes with the VTx installed already, and is compatible with all modern video receivers.

Simcole

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I think you are getting things confused a little. The Taranis transmitter and XSR receiver are your RC link to control the craft, and operate in the 2.4g band. The VTx sends the video signal to the goggles on the 5.8g band. The 2 operate independently. They are compatible in that they shouldn't interfere with each other unless you put the VTx antenna really close to the XSR antennae.

Hope this clears things up a little.

Simcole

I think you are getting things confused a little. The Taranis transmitter and XSR receiver are your RC link to control the craft, and operate in the 2.4g band. The VTx sends the video signal to the goggles on the 5.8g band. The 2 operate independently. They are compatible in that they shouldn't interfere with each other unless you put the VTx antenna really close to the XSR antennae.

Hope this clears things up a little.

Yes. It clears it up. Thank you for the info. I've been reading all day. Clearly more to go.