New to RC need simulator for my MAC

Birath

Hi,

I just ordered my first RC plane(BIX3) and what to practice on my computer until I receive my plane.
I got an old Esky 4 chanel usb radio from a friend but I can't get the software to work on my computer.
My computer is an Imac from 2009, 2,66 ghz intel core 2 duo, 8Gb ram, OS 10,10,2.
I don't mind buying a simulator but I want to know it will work with my computer!!
Do I need another controler then my Esky thing?

Please help me find a working simulator I can use!!!

Thanks
BIRATH

jamboree1

RC Deskpilot should work with that, and best of all it's free! There is even a seperate download for flittest planes on there designed by RCSpaceFlight

Birath

Hi I run Windows7 in a virtual machine on my MAC. I will try to install RC Deskpilot on the viritual macine! Will I be abel to use the radio from Hobbyking that com with the BIX3?

Birath

Hi thanks for the tip! I'm starting to use RC desk pilot with my E-sky usb controller! I tried to use my HK-T6A V2 radio to be able to use the same controller as I will use IRL. But I can't get the radio to connect to the sim. I have the controller connected to W7 with the software from HK. Is there a fix for that?

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Cool new sim!

Btw, I only know of 3 sims for mac:
CCRCsim
Aerofly RC
and now, RCFlight :)

Aerofly comes in 3 versions, but I have the basic version. VERY good graphics, detailed models and physics. It has multiplayer, but not more than 5 people on on a regular day. :p
CCRCsim is totally free, but is a bit lacking. Good for getting the hang of flying.
I know nothing about RCFlight, but I might have to get it! :)

Last edited:

khos85

Cool new sim!

Btw, I only know of 3 sims for mac:
CCRCsim
Aerofly RC
and now, RCFlight :)

Aeroflot comes in 3 versions, but I have the basic version. VERY good graphics, detailed models and physics. It has multiplayer, but not more than 5 people on on a regular day. :p
CCRCsim is totally free, but is a bit lacking. Good for getting the hang of flying.
I know nothing about RCFlight, but I might have to get it! :)

RC FLight won't break the bank :) desura website asks to charge a minimal amount so can't help it , that is where I host the game.. plus RCFlight is probably the only sim where you can make your own aircraft... with Virtual reality support..

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
RC FLight won't break the bank :) desura website asks to charge a minimal amount so can't help it , that is where I host the game.. plus RCFlight is probably the only sim where you can make your own aircraft... with Virtual reality support..
Yes, thats very true. I was wondering a while ago if any RC sims had VR support. Guess they do now. :p Head tracking would be even more awesome, and probably the most realistic thing you could add to the "camera" features of a sim. :)

khos85

Yes, thats very true. I was wondering a while ago if any RC sims had VR support. Guess they do now. :p Head tracking would be even more awesome, and probably the most realistic thing you could add to the "camera" features of a sim. :)

I'm lucky enough to own a Oculus Rift DK2 headset, it works rather well, especially with FPV mode.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Shouldn't it work with Dominator HDs too? They have headtracking and 3D support via HDMI. *puts on todo*

khos85

Shouldn't it work with Dominator HDs too? They have headtracking and 3D support via HDMI. *puts on todo*

Hi, not sure if those give true 3d stereoscopic effect as DK2, would be worthwhile to test if you have them.