Newby Receiver power question

paulnb57

Hi Folks

I have a Turnigy 9X TX and RX which I intend to use in a tricopter, my ESC's are plush 30's which have a black lead and a red lead at one end (power in?) 3 red leads at the other end (to the motor) and a lead with a receiver plug (signal to motor from RX controlling speed?) I think thats how it goes?

The newby question is, where does power to the RX come from? Do I need a separate BEC for the RX?

Be gentle

Thanks!

Paul

paulnb57

Thanks for the reply Tactical!

So the lead with the receiver plug supplies both power to the rx and signals the amount of power at the motor? Is that right?

Paul

Tactical Ex

Thanks for the reply Tactical!

So the lead with the receiver plug supplies both power to the rx and signals the amount of power at the motor? Is that right?

Paul

Yep, that's right!

The red and black are the wires that are handling the power input to the Rx but the white wire is handling the signal FROM the rx TO the ESC telling it how much power to apply to the motor.

paulnb57

Thanks! Although I just realised that there is a flight controller involved too, but I guess the same rule applies and power is applied to the receiver via the flight control unit (KK2)

Thanks again for your help!

Paul