Next plane?

I_LikePancakes

im in a kinda odd situation. I’ve basically had an interest in rc for 3 years now but have only been able to have success with my most recent purchase, the sport cub s. i managed to screw up the carbon cub s+ and bixler 3 because I had no idea what to do exactly. so basically I managed to kill my sport cub after learning on it for 6 months. Where do I go from here? I know a lot more about and feel confident to build a plane from screwing around with poster board and hot glue for an afternoon to prove I can build. I have had an eye on the stem jets, pun jet, or mini F-22 after reading reviews and watching how they fly. Is that a good second step into flying?
(photos show the motor unable to be glued from missing so much foam and how tape held my battery)

edit: I have used a simulator for a year too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I found the mini F-22 to be easier to fly then the Tiny Trainer (at least in some aspects) - so I would say it would be a fine next item. In the Pun Jet videos it says that it is intermittent or advanced flying skill, so I suspect it would be harder to fly then the mini F-22.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
ya, Pun jet is far from what you want. it is small, agile, rolls like top, and can and will chop your fingers off if you are not careful on launch.

the f-22 would be a much better choice. you can download plans and build it for under $3. that way if you crash, you can build another cheap and easy.

good luck,

me :cool:

I_LikePancakes

ya, Pun jet is far from what you want. it is small, agile, rolls like top, and can and will chop your fingers off if you are not careful on launch.

the f-22 would be a much better choice. you can download plans and build it for under $3. that way if you crash, you can build another cheap and easy.

good luck,

So avoid the stem and pun jets is what you’re saying

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
sorry wasn't sure what you meant when you said STEM jets. They would be fine. I have all 3 of them and they were some of the first i learned on. Alpha is the best all around, Bravo is quick, and Charlie is the slowest but maybe the most fun to fly because of that fact. best part is if you have all 3 jets, then you can start swapping wings and it's like having 9 diff airplanes. they are more difficult to build than the f-22 but not bad.

good luck,

I_LikePancakes

Alpha is the best all around, Bravo is quick, and Charlie is the slowest but maybe the most fun to fly because of that fact. best part is if you have all 3 jets, then you can start swapping wings and it's like having 9 diff airplanes. they are more difficult to build than the f-22 but not bad.

good luck,

which handles wind the best because where I live it won’t stop blowing unless you’re near the lake

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
which handles wind the best because where I live it won’t stop blowing unless you’re near the lake

i guess that depends. alpha would be fine, bravo maybe less affected, and charlie would have issues but that could be kinda fun.

but, it sounds to me like you should be looking at some seaplanes? lake?

laters,

I_LikePancakes

i guess that depends. alpha would be fine, bravo maybe less affected, and charlie would have issues but that could be kinda fun.

but, it sounds to me like you should be looking at some seaplanes? lake?

laters,

the lake is a half hour drive that has cliffs surrounding it to help block out wind