Nimh battery

Bob A

Why can't I use nimh batteries? I know they weigh more than lipo's but that's what I have (lots of) and although I've read the messages about lipo batteries, I'm still pretty much confused about them and the thought of investing MORE MONEY in MORE batteries is downright depressing.

Bob

Crazy Goats

Hmm.. Iv'e never used them to honest. But I think a nimh cell holds far less voltage at a full charge, so I suppose you would have to use more cells than a lipo, and it may come out heavier.

Padroo

You can use them but the lipos are all about energy density, the amount of energy they can hold for their weigh. This is where lipos shine.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
If you wish to use NiMH batteries then use them but do not expect a startling flight performance.

Lipos are just effectively more power with less weight. If you can make it fly then use whatever power supply you wish.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nimh are also usually only 9.6 v (unless you are soldering your own packs) which is basically the equivalent of a 2s lipo which for the size and weight really will not fly anything hardly at all.